If you use this adaptor to connect to a thunderbolt display, will the single USB-C to Thunderbolt connection both charge and display the laptop?
3 Answers from the Community
No. The Thunderbolt display provides power via a MagSafe connector; this adapter does not have a MagSafe connector, and there is currently no way to get one on the new MacBook Pro.
- Answered by Thomas N from Aurora
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No. You can connect a Thunderbolt display, but the display will not power the laptop.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
- Answered by Jesse S from Alpharetta
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can I connect 3 Apple Thunderbolt 2 displays?
- Asked by Adam P from Beverly
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect 3 Apple Thunderbolt 2 displays?)
- Asked about: Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock H…
connect this to thunderbolt display
- Asked by Dewey N from Dunedin
- Flag as inappropriate (connect this to thunderbolt display)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
how do I connect a hdmi display to thunderbolt
- Asked by Michael K from East Lansing
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I connect a hdmi display to thunderbolt)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…