Macbook Retina 12inch Early 2015 >>>Thunderbolt Adapter>>>>> Apple Thunderbolt Display 27 inc >>> Can I connect ??
I want to connect the below devices.
Macbook Retina 12inch Early 2015 >>> Apple Thunderbolt Display 27 inc using Thunderbolt3 to thunderbolt2 adapter
I have already purchased this Thunderbolt adapter but I am not able to get the display. I realised that the MacBook USB c may not be compatible,
IS THERE ANY WAY i.e. ADAPTER, USB-C to Thunderbolt 3 (USB -C) adapter or anything else (third party hubs etc) That I can use to make this work
PLEASE HELP ME IF THERE IS ANY SOLUTION OUT THERE
1 Answer from the Community
The Apple Thunderbolt Display requires a Thunderbolt port.
The Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter also requires a Thunderbolt port.
The MacBook does not have a Thunderbolt port.
Therefore, you need to add a Thunderbolt port. You could try getting a GC-ALPINE RIDGE Thunderbolt 3 add-in card, connect it to a powered PCIe slot (such as a PCIe riser, or a desktop computer with a free PCIe slot), connect a USB-C to Mini DisplayPort cable between your MacBook's USB-C port and one of the Mini DisplayPort inputs of the GC-ALPINE RIDGE. Connect the Thunderbolt display to the Thunderbolt 3 port of the GC-ALPINE RIDGE using an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter. Since there is no PCIe connection between the GC-ALPINE RIDGE and your MacBook, you won't be able to use any of the non-display functions of the Display (USB, FireWire, Ethernet, camera, audio). I don't know if this configuration is compatible with the Apple Thunderbolt Display (I believe similar configurations work with the LG UltraFine 5K display).
It may be less expensive to get a new display.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this dock work with a MacBook Retina 12 inch, early 2015?
- Asked by Christiane O
- 24 Mar. 2020
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this dock work with a MacBook Retina 12 inch, early 2015?)
- Asked about: CalDigit Thunderbolt 3 Mini Dock
With a cable adapter, can this run through the Thunderbolt 1 port of an early 2015 MacBook Pro 13" retina?
- Asked by David S from Sacramento
- 17 Feb. 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (With a cable adapter, can this run through the Thunderbolt 1 port of an early 2015 MacBook Pro 13" retina?)
- Asked about: LaCie 2TB Mobile SSD High‑Performan…
Will this work with a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) if I use a Thunderbolt 3 —> USB 2 adapter?
- Asked by Jacob H from New York
- 22 Apr. 2020
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) if I use a Thunderbolt 3 —> USB 2 adapter?)
- Asked about: Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck Radeon R…