I have a apple monitor with a thunderbolt 2 cable and a new PC with a thunderbolt 3 port. Will this adapter work to connect them?
- Asked by Shelby K from Marietta
- Flag as inappropriate (Monitor compatibility)
1 Answer from the Community
It should. The document HT207266 "Connect devices and displays with the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter" on Apple's support website says that the adapter will allow Thunderbolt displays to work with the Thunderbolt 3 MacBook Pro 2016.
I've used the adapter on a PC to connect a Thunderbolt 2 dock.
I've read that people are able to use Thunderbolt displays on PC's that have Thunderbolt 2 ports.
Apple says (in HT204154) that Mac computers can use a Thunderbolt display in Windows.
Since the adapter works on both Mac or PC products to allow connecting Thunderbolt 2 devices, and that Thunderbolt displays are Thunderbolt 2 devices, and that Thunderbolt displays work in Windows, then it should work.
Actually, I found a video on youtube that showed an Apple Thunderbolt Display connected to a PC with a Thunderbolt 3 add-in card using the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 adapter.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is the Tickr X Heartrate monitor compatible with Garmin 910 Triathlon computer
- Asked by Ron W from Camden Head
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the Tickr X Heartrate monitor compatible with Garmin 910 Triathlon computer)
- Asked about: Wahoo TICKR X Heart Rate Monitor
is the 5k monitor compatible to iMac 27" late 2012 model?
- Asked by Shiu Fung T
- Flag as inappropriate (is the 5k monitor compatible to iMac 27" late 2012 model?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display