What exactly is the difference between the Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter to the USB-C to USB Adapter?
I want to connect an adapter to my MacBook Pro so that I can connect the Apple USB Superdrive. Does it matter which adapter I use? Would either work?
1 Answer from the Community
The Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter is for Thunderbolt devices only.
You want to use a USB-C to USB-A adapter to use the apple USB Superdrive. This adapter is only for USB devices.
The USB-C port of the MacBook Pro 2016 does passively Thunderbolt 3, USB 3.1 gen 2, USB 3.1 gen 1, USB 2.0, DisplayPort 1.2, HDMI 1.4. There are also active adapters for VGA, DVI, Dual Link DVI, HDMI 2.0, Ethernet, FireWire, Audio, etc.
The USB-C port of the MacBook 2015 does all of the above except Thunderbolt 3 and USB 3.1 gen 2.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will the USB-C Flash Drive, fit the Thunderbolt 3 Port on a MacBook Pro, without an adapter?
- Asked by Clay W from Benton
- 10 Dec. 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the USB-C Flash Drive, fit the Thunderbolt 3 Port on a MacBook Pro, without an adapter?)
- Asked about: SanDisk 64GB Ultra Dual Drive USB T…