Will this allow a pre-2016 Thunderbolt Display to charge a 2016 rMBP? Or is an additional charger cable necessary?
1 Answer from the Community
No, it will not. Thunderbolt 2 does not provide much power over its connection (roughly equivalent to an iPhone USB charger brick.) You would need to have a separate USB-C power cable plugged in to the MacBook Pro - the Thunderbolt Display will not provide power through this. (The Thunderbolt Display provided power through a separate MagSafe connector, there is no adapter to "combine" Thunderbolt and MagSafe in to one Thunderbolt 3/USB-C plug.)
- Answered by Ed H from Portland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does this cable connect macbook 2016 to imac 2019, and allow for macbook as 2nd display?
- Asked by Nicholas R from San Diego
- 5 Jun. 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Does this cable connect macbook 2016 to imac 2019, and allow for macbook as 2nd display?
whats the max watt charger for ipad pro 9.7 2016
- Asked by Bradley V from Indiantown
- 14 Apr. 2020
- Flag as inappropriate whats the max watt charger for ipad pro 9.7 2016
No answers yet