With this adapter can I connect an Apple Thunderbolt Display to a new MacBook Pro (USB-C) and power the laptop through the same connection?
4 Answers from the Community
I can confirm this adapter will not power the new MacBook Pro's. However all the usb and ethernet ports functionality works.
- Answered by Ryan S from Thompson's Station
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No. The Thunderbolt Display provides power through a MagSafe connector; this adapter does not have a MagSafe connector, and there is no way to get one on the new MacBook Pro.
- Answered by Thomas N from Aurora
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
You can connect for video, USB 3, Gigabit Ethernet, and Thunderbolt extension. You can't charge with the Dusplay.
- Answered by Jesse S from Alpharetta
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Possibly, but you're better off connecting another USB-C cable for power as Thunderbolt 1 and 2 don't deliver the power the MacBook Pro needs.
- Answered by Edwin T from Lafayette
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Can I connect 3 Apple Thunderbolt 2 displays?
- Asked by Adam P from Beverly
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect 3 Apple Thunderbolt 2 displays?)
- Asked about: Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock H…
Can this adapter be used with the late 2016 MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Paul J from Boulder
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be used with the late 2016 MacBook Pro?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…