Would this adapter allow me to use my Thunderbolt 2 - gigabit ethernet adapter or is there a Thunderbolt 3 gigabit adapter?
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, the Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter will work with most Thunderbolt 2 devices (they can't use more than 10W of power).
Read Apple support document HT207266 "Connect devices and displays with the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter".
I don't know of any Thunderbolt 3 gigabit adapters. There are Thunderbolt 2 and Thunderbolt 3 docks that have gigabit Ethernet ports and many other ports.
There are USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet adapters, but they use USB signals instead of Thunderbolt. They will work with the MacBook Pro 2016. I don't know if they are more or less efficient than the Thunderbolt adapter.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use the thunderbolt to gigabit Ethernet adapter with iPhone 5
- Asked by Bernard W from Clinton
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the thunderbolt to gigabit Ethernet adapter with iPhone 5)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…