Does this item have an internal dac?
- Asked by Matt N from Waunakee
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this item have an internal dac?)
3 Answers from the Community
I would think it does because Lightning does not include analog audio - and this is compatible with previous generations of lightning devices. So I think when it ships we will see tear downs and in it will be a tiny DAC.
- Answered by David R from Walnut Creek
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No. According to the Apple store clerk I talked to, the lightning port has always output analog audio. This adapter works like any other analog audio cable adapter, e.g. RCA stereo pair to 1/4" stereo jack. It worked with my iPhone 6 and old world non-Apple earbuds.
- Answered by Bruce T from Greenbelt
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The Lightning port has one so no
- Answered by Daniel K from Champaign
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Will this bypass the internal DAC?
- Asked by Michael C from Fairfax
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this bypass the internal DAC?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter