Will the adapter improve audio fidelity? Is it capable of delivering full digital audio?
I am currently using the ligtining connector for my car stereo and the music sounds far better than with the 3.5 mm jack connected to aux. My question is ,if I use this adapter on my iPhone 6 plus, will it show improvement over a connection through the 3.5mm jack?
1 Answer from the Community
When you use the phone with the direct connection to the stereo through lightning, the digital to audio converter (DAC) in the stereo is used. This adaptor probably has the same DAC as your phone, meaning that quality won't be any better than plugging the aux straight into the phone
- Answered by Oliver W from Sydney
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
1. What Bluetooth standards are compatible with the Airpods? 2. Is DRM employed? 3. What audio fidelity do the Airpods deliver?
- Asked by Peter S
- Flag as inappropriate (1. What Bluetooth standards are compatible with the Airpods? 2. Is DRM employed? 3. What audio fidelity do the Airpods deliver?)
- Asked about: AirPods
Digital to analog conversion of audio
- Asked by Ernest P from Tallahassee
- Flag as inappropriate (Digital to analog conversion of audio)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter
No answers yet
Can the dock output digital audio?
- Asked by Richard N from Victoria
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the dock output digital audio?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - Rose Gold