Does this case work with magnetic car mounts?
- Asked by Chris D from San Diego
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this case work with magnetic car mounts?)
4 Answers from the Community
No it will not work. I don't know what they made this thing out of, but even trying to superglue the magnet plate to the case will have it fall off. Seriously, great for other stuff, but now i can't use my magnetic mounts....
- Answered by Rudy R from Allen
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No - tried it. Also, because the of the micro fibre interior and method of sliding the case on, you dont want to place a metal item inside it. It is a pretty snug fit.
- Answered by Minnaar P
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No. The case is made of silicon, which sticks to nothing. I tried to a fix the metal plate with super glue, gorilla glue and it fell off. I even bought specialized silicon glue and it lasted a day or two and then came off. Going to buy a non-mag mount now.
- Answered by Raymond R from South Orange
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Yes, you can affix a metal plate to the back to use with a magnetic mount.
- Answered by Brian R from Buena Park
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Is there room for a metal plate between the phone and the case for a magnetic car mount?
- Asked by Michaela L from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there room for a metal plate between the phone and the case for a magnetic car mount?)
- Asked about: iPhone 8 / 7 Leather Case — (PRODUC…
Will a magnet used for car mounts inhibit charging?
- Asked by Lalo M from San Mateo
- Flag as inappropriate (Will a magnet used for car mounts inhibit charging?)
- Asked about: Belkin Boost Up Wireless Charging P…