Can this cable be used to connect an external SSD to an iPhone or iPad?
1 Answer from the Community
No, it is not supported. There are a Lightning to USB and a Lightning to SD Card adapters available (different to this cable), but they have a very different purpose - to copy files off your digital camera's memory card to your iPhone/iPad's memory. They do not allow file management. In order to manage files on an external storage device, you need to use an external storage with its own app for iOS to do so. For example, there are Wi-Fi-equipped external HDD devices that are compatible with iOS using an app from their (HDD) manufacturer.
- Answered by Арсений Б
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?
- Asked by Matthew G from Sacramento
- Flag as inappropriate (when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
Can I pull video IN to an iPad to record video with composite AV cable?
- Asked by Brian C from Yorktown Heights
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I pull video IN to an iPad to record video with composite AV cable?)
- Asked about: Apple Composite AV Cable