Does this new Smart Cover for the new iPad Pro 10.5 inch when closed, completely cover both sides?
- Asked by Chris G from Saint Clair Shores
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this new Smart Cover for the new iPad Pro 10.5 inch when closed, completely cover both sides?)
4 Answers from the Community
No. Covers always only cover the front of the iPads. To cover the back, you need a case and Apple doesn't make one for the 10.5" iPP, just the sleeve. That could change, but don't bet on it.
- Answered by R A M from Hayward
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
There is not a backing to this case, nor do I believe there will be a separate case by Apple. Maybe when they decide to refresh the colors next year, but there's no guarantee and it's unlikely.
- Answered by Ryan I from Salt Lake City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
There is now a clear silicone back that goes perfectly with the Smart Cover. It includes a pen holder. My pen fell out the first time I used it because I did not completely insert the pen until it securely "snapped" into place. I removed the holder and use it separately to prevent my pen from rolling around. Absolutely do not walk around with the pen in the holder mounted on the iPad.
So I have both the Smart Cover and the silicone back cover. My Smart Cover does not put my iPad to sleep or wake it up when I close/open it. This might be caused by the silicone back cover not allowing the Smart Cover to fully engage the screen when closed. The store is too far away so I just live with it.
The silicone back cover is nice and thin, but it makes depressing iPad buttons more difficult. You should try it before you buy it. Children and adults with delicate fingers might not be able to operate the buttons on the silicone cover.
- Answered by David B from Bremerton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
No. Screen only, just like the other iPad Smart Covers.
- Answered by Linda L from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Will the iPad go to sleep in the sleeve as it does in the Smart Cover?
- Asked by Nancy P from New Rochelle
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the iPad go to sleep in the sleeve as it does in the Smart Cover?)
- Asked about: Leather Sleeve for 12.9‑inch iPad P…
Where is the matching case for this cover?
- Asked by James M from Naples
- Flag as inappropriate (Where is the matching case for this cover?)
- Asked about: Leather Smart Cover for 10.5-inch i…
No answers yet
Is there a cover for the new Ipad 10.5 that will protect the back of the iPad and allow you to use the Smart Keyboard?
- Asked by Ronald I L from Virginia Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a cover for the new Ipad 10.5 that will protect the back of the iPad and allow you to use the Smart Keyboard?)
- Asked about: Leather Sleeve for 10.5‑inch iPad P…