if my MacBook Pro 15'' came with an 80 watt USBC charger, can I connect it to a 60 watt USBC charger and it will still charge?
My Mac says it is charging when connected to the 60W charger but I am wondering if it will end up trickle charging when using decent workload tasks? Is the 80w given in the box more than what is needed to charge the computer or is 80w the recommended power input?
1 Answer from the Community
It will charge but slower, when travelling I sometimes use a 60W 6-Port charger.
- Answered by Emmanuel B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this cable work with the newest (released 2018) 18 watt USB-C charger?
- Asked by Marton C from Huntington Beach
- 8 Dec. 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this cable work with the newest (released 2018) 18 watt USB-C charger?)
- Asked about: USB-C to Lightning Cable (2 m)
Will this work for the 87W USB-C chargers as well?
- Asked by Jordan S from Battle Creek
- 19 Feb. 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work for the 87W USB-C chargers as well?)
- Asked about: Power Adapter Extension Cable