Can I connect this to a late 2011 MacBook Pro?
If not, what do I need?
- Asked by John S from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate Can I connect this to a late 2011 MacBook Pro?
1 Answer from the Community
Not directly. The 2011 Mac BookPro is a Thunderbolt 1 Mac. To connect a USB-C display adapter to a Thunderbolt 1 or Thunderbolt 2 Mac, you can connect the USB-C display adapter to one of the Thunderbolt 3 ports of a Thunderbolt 3 device that has two Thunderbolt 3 ports. Connect the other Thunderbolt 3 port to the MacBook Pro using a Thunderbolt 2 cable and an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter. The adapter cannot be used to charge a Thunderbolt 1 or 2 Mac. You should probably consider a MiniDisplayPort to HDMI solution instead.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
will this work with a late 2011 13" mac book pro charger
- Asked by Ethan R
- 27 Feb. 2016
- Flag as inappropriate will this work with a late 2011 13" mac book pro charger
Can I use this adapter to connect my MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2011: non-retina, 'Thunderbolt') to the HDMI input on a new projector?
how can I connect as monitor an iMac late 2009 with a macBook Pro 2017?
- Asked by Francesca R T
- 21 Feb. 2020
- Flag as inappropriate how can I connect as monitor an iMac late 2009 with a macBook Pro 2017?