Can the noise canceling feature be used without music? Will they cancel the sound of airplane engine noise?
4 Answers from the Community
Active Noise Cancellation can be used without playing any sound to AirPods Pro. They should cancel airplane sounds pretty reliably.
- Answered by Razvan S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes and yes Active noise cancelation does exactly both of those things with the added benefit of being on a call or listening to music. When no music is playing though naturally you’ll notice more sound due to the lack of music/audio Think of it like when you sound proof a car. The more sound you block out the more sounds you tend to notice, this is why people notice a improvement in sound quality, it was always there it’s just more noticeable now
- Answered by Kyle C from Perth
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Very much so. I recently used them on a flight without connecting them to my phone and throughout the whole flight I enjoyed a very peaceful flight. Just place them in your ears and they instantly cancel out the background noise without you asking them to do so. I would say they are as good if not better than my Bose Quietcomfort 25s and they are in a much smaller package.
- Answered by Gerard K
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
They will not cancel out the noises completely, however since it is a constant background noise, it should deem fairly well against it.
- Answered by Nathan N from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Are the powerbeat pros noise canceling? Do they block noise on an airplane?
- Asked by Randy J from Burlington
- 26 Sep. 2019
- Flag as inappropriate Are the powerbeat pros noise canceling? Do they block noise on an airplane?
Are the AirPods noise cancelling?
- Asked by Kelly N from Redlands
- 31 Mar. 2019
- Flag as inappropriate Are the AirPods noise cancelling?