Can I plug this US 61W USB-C Power Adapter into an outlet adapter in New Zealand that passes through 220V of power?

I have an adapter, not a power transformer to step down the power to 110 that we have in the US. Need to know if I have to buy one or just use the 61W USB-C Power Adapter directly into the outlet adapter.

  • Asked by fn from Peoria
61W USB-C Power Adapter

61W USB-C Power Adapter

Product No Longer Available

1 Answer from the Community

  • You should buy an apple world power adapter that can connect right to the power adapter. Just remove the part of the charger that has the electric prongs. You could use a regular transformer but it probably will not be as convenient or as fast charging as an apple transformer would be due to the fact that it directly connects with the charger.

    • Answered by Walid Z from Cohasset