I need the USB cord to fit 12w power adapter what is it by name? Thank you.

I have an iPad air

  • Asked by Evelyn C from Woonona

1 Answer from the Community

  • As it’s a normal USB socket on this 12W AC adapter, one plug will need to be USB; and whichever of the three iPad Air models you have, they all use a Lightning socket, so you’ll need a USB to Lightning cable. Any length of these cables if made by Apple will do. However, if you have a newer 12W AC adapter with a USB-C socket, you’ll need a USB-C to Lightning cable. A USB-C plug is somewhere between the sizes of the normal USB plug and a Lightning connector, and has the same plug as Apple’s Thunderbolt 3 cable. If you find that confusing, you could do an image internet search to make sure which USB socket you have on the AC adaptor, or ask Apple why they’ve changed data and charging connectors and types for their products so much over the decades.

    • Answered by Ken S