Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
does mini work with dell monitor
i just decided to purchase a mac mini and I'm waiting for it to arrive - but now I'm panicking because my current Dell monitor may not be compatible. Is this possible? Can I connect my new mac mini to an older Dell monitor?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (does mini work with dell monitor)
Can this adapter be used on a PC and Dell monitor?
I just purchased a Dell Ultra Sharp 32" monitor and it only has hdmi and displayport output. My PC computer's graphic card has DVI. I want to get the 2560x1600 resolution and I thought this cable would work. I connected the mini displayport to the monitor, USB to the computer and the DVI port to the graphics card. I can't get it to work. The monitor says mini displayport not active even after turning on computer. Thanks.
- Asked by Mark B from Westland
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be used on a PC and Dell monitor?)
I just bought a Dell SP2309W 2048 x 1152 resolution and I'm really confused in which Adapter I should buy this one or the Mini Displayport to DVI?
I'm really confused because I heard that the Mini Displayport to DVI adapter resolution only goes up to 1920 x 1200 max but my monitor's resolution is 2048 x 1152 so that won't work. And I was thinking to buy the Mini Displayport to dual-Link DVI Adapter but I herd it doesn't work with other monitors only the 30inch Apple Cinema Display and its way to much for an adapter. So what could I do im stuck is there anything I could do?
I wish to connect my work Dell laptop PC to my iMac at home so the iMac monitor, and hopefully, the iMac keyboard, control my laptop.
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (I wish to connect my work Dell laptop PC to my iMac at home so the iMac monitor, and hopefully, the iMac keyboard, control my laptop.)
can i connect a macbook pro 2011 to two dell monitors using a docking station and thunder bolt adapter?
I have a macbook pro 2011 that I am trying to connect to two dell monitors. I am using a docking a station as well. Currently I have both monitors connect to the docking station that supports both mac and windows, the usb ss from the docking station to my thunderbolt adapter to thunderbolt port on my macbook. When everything is plugged in the screens say to press any key or move the mouse to get the display to work. When doing so neither monitors work. Please help. Thanks.
- Asked by Scott C from Tempe
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect a macbook pro 2011 to two dell monitors using a docking station and thunder bolt adapter?)
Better to use this or a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort adaptor?
I have a Dell U2711 with both DVI-D and DisplayPort inputs at 2560x1440. I have been using this DVI-D adaptor for about a month with a new Mac Mini. Works OK except that when the Mac Mini wakes up from sleep, sometimes the monitor has video snow and I have to power cycle it. (Yes, I am running 1.03 firmware).
There is a well-reviewed Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort adaptor made by Altaz, on Amazon. Normally I would have bought this in the first place, but I was worried that it was not sold by the Apple Store. It's much cheaper with much better reviews than this product.
So should I try the Altaz adaptor? Is it better to go with Mini Display Port to DisplayPort rather than Mini DisplayPort to DVI-D? Is it a red flag that Apple does not sell a Mini Display Port to Display Port solution, but only the Mini Display Port to DVI-D product?
- Asked by Lewis S from Berkeley
- Flag as inappropriate (Better to use this or a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort adaptor?)
Can I connect my macbook pro Retina to two x "Mini DisplayPort to Dual-link DVI Adapter" driving 2 x Dell 2560x1600 monitors?
I have a macbook pro Retina. I am happy using it with a Displayport Dual-DVI adapter with a Dell monitor (2560 x 1600). I would like to know if I can order a second adapter and connect my macbook pro Retina to a 2nd exactly the same monitor?
Thank you in advance.
- Asked by Mehran S from Miami
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my macbook pro Retina to two x "Mini DisplayPort to Dual-link DVI Adapter" driving 2 x Dell 2560x1600 monitors?)
Will a Mini DisplayPort connector on a Dual-Link DVI to Mini DisplayPort adapter plug into a thunderbolt port on the new cylindrical Mac Pro and work?
I have two 30" Apple monitors that have DVI connectors. I want to buy a new MacPro, but use my two old 30" monitors. I'm trying to find a solution for this since the Mac Pro doesn't have DVI connections.
What kind of display port is on a late 2009 mac mini
I have A mac mini and want to buy a IPS monitor. It is said this will work with an appropriate adapter if my mini has "a display port model" or a "dual link dvi port".
I cannot find the specs to tell if my mini has one of these or not. Anyone know how to tell?
It has a NVIDIA Geforce 9400M (UMA) Port?
- Asked by Ron W from Hillsboro
- Flag as inappropriate (What kind of display port is on a late 2009 mac mini)
Is there a way to connect two Mac's to one monitor?
I have a Mac Mini server and a 17" MacBook Pro and would like to connect both to my 24" Mac Display. Both have the mini display port. Is there a switcher available to do this?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to connect two Mac's to one monitor?)
I have a Samsung 2233RZ monitor which is capable of doing 120hz, but with a normal DVI-D Single link adapter it is not possible to do this.
I have a unibody 2008 Macbook pro, that I would need it to work on.
So I have been trying to figure out if buying this adapter will enable me to utilize my monitor fully 120hz instead of just running in 60hz?
- Asked by Kenneth J from Copenhagen N
- Flag as inappropriate (120hz Monitors?)
Can I connect Mac mini to dual led TVs as monitors using HDMI
I have just ordered a new Mac mini as part of my refurbishing of my home audio recording studio. I am hoping to run dual monitors so in logic I can have the arrange window on one screen and the mixer on another screen and was hoping to do this most cost effectively by buying a couple of full HD LED 24" TVs and connecting somehow via HDMI. Is this possible and if so what do I need to make it happen?
- Asked by Daniel M
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect Mac mini to dual led TVs as monitors using HDMI)
Would this setup work? Mac Mini -> Mini DisplayPort to DVI Dual Link Adapter -> DVI Dual Link to HDMI Adapter -> HDMI Cable to 1080p TV? 2560x1600?
Would I be able to get the 2560x1600 resolution out of my Mac Mini if using the following series of adapters...
Mac Mini -> Mini DisplayPort to DVI Dual Link Adapter -> DVI Dual Link to HDMI Adapter -> HDMI Cable to 1080p TV?
Or would the HDMI adapter downscale the resolution?
I intend on using my 32" 1080p HDTV up close as a monitor, and therefore require a high resolution. Is this possible?
Help will be greatly appreciated.
support of macair mid 2011 released- 2560 by 1600 pixels
Does this adapter suport a 2560 by 1600 pixels resolution on a secondary monitor from Dell or other with a mid 2011 released macbook air?
- Asked by Scott L from Burnley
- Flag as inappropriate (support of macair mid 2011 released- 2560 by 1600 pixels)
Can I connect a mac air with an extra monitor as well as ethernet ?
I bought one thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter and one Mini Display Port to DVI adapter. But there is only one thunderbolt on Mac Air. How can I connect an extra monitor as well as Ethernet?
- Asked by Tsz Yu O
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a mac air with an extra monitor as well as ethernet ?)
Alienware m14x with Alienware m2310 monitor
I have an alienware m14x laptop with a 3d capable video card and a mini display port. Can I use apples mini display port to dual link dvi cable to enable 120hz 3d signal on my alien ware m2310 3d monitor?
- Asked by Michael D from Linden Park
- Flag as inappropriate (Alienware m14x with Alienware m2310 monitor)
No answers yet
Will this work on a mac mini with an hdmi port?
Just wondered, as it comes up for an accessory of the mac mini on the Apple Store.
- Asked by Grant W from Watford
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work on a mac mini with an hdmi port?)
No answers yet