Similar questions from the community
macbook external optical drive
Is this superdrive compatible with Macbook (early 2009)?
- Asked by Lalith S from Raleigh
- Flag as inappropriate (macbook external optical drive)
Compatible with 13 inch macbook (not pro) early 2018?
- Asked by Jenny H from Atlanta
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatible with 13 inch macbook (not pro) early 2018?)
Can I link to the SuperDrive in my existing MacBook Pro with my MacBook Pro with retina display?
I have an early 2006 MacBook Pro, and I am waiting to receive my MacBook Pro with retina display. Will I be able to wirelessly access discs through that SuperDrive or do I need to buy an external one? I know you can link to ones in iMacs, but am not sure if the same is true for MacBook Pros.
- Asked by Jessica C from Hemet
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I link to the SuperDrive in my existing MacBook Pro with my MacBook Pro with retina display?)
Is it possible to use my 2008 SuperDrive on my Macbook Pro?
I bought a SuperDrive in 2008 for my Macbook Air (first generation) and still use it. I just bought a MacBook Pro with Retina display and I am having trouble using the SuperDrive on my new computer. It said something like "SuperDrive not compatible with computer." However, when I look at this SuperDrive, it says it should be compatible. Because I have an older SuperDrive, will it no longer be compatible with my new computer?
- Asked by Gianna Z from Arroyo Grande
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to use my 2008 SuperDrive on my Macbook Pro?)
Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8
I am planning on getting one of the new iMac's early next year.
Now, the new iMac's do not have an optical drive (like the Macbook Air, Macbook Pro Retina Display). I'm planning on getting the Apple Superdrive and also I'm going to be purchasing Windows 7 and Parallels Desktop 8 to install on my iMac.
I know it isn't possible to try it with the new iMac's yet, but I was wondering if anyone has tried or knows if its possible to use the Apple Superdrive with the Macbook Air Macbook Pro Retina Display when running Windows 7 through Parallels Desktop 8, basically does the Apple Superdrive show up in Windows 7 and are you able to read, burn CD's, DVD's in Windows 7 with the Apple Superdrive?
Thanks in advance.
- Asked by David T
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8)
Is this the only USB DVD drive that will work for my new MacBook Pro 15" Retina or can I use USB Mac Air SuperDrive I bought in 2012 from Apple store
Is this the only USB DVD drive that will work for my newly bought MacBook Pro 15 inch Retina, or can I use the USB Mac Air SuperDrive I bought from Apple Store earlier this year?
- Asked by Michael H from Henderson
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this the only USB DVD drive that will work for my new MacBook Pro 15" Retina or can I use USB Mac Air SuperDrive I bought in 2012 from Apple store)
Can I use it on a 2015 mac
Apple usb superdrive
- Asked by James W from Lawrenceville
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use it on a 2015 mac)
Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina
Hi , on my old laptop I could insert a DVD into my reader/writer drive and import DVDs to my iTunes , so when I bought my new MacBook Pro , and went into iTunes I was surprised to see only the tunes I had purchased from the store , not the ones I imported from my own cd collection . So basically my question is if I buy the SuperDrive can I import my CDs to my iTunes account as I have a lot of CDs and I'm not purchasing again from iTunes , when I have the physical cd here , I will buy songs from iTunes I don't already own , but I want to know if I can add them to my iTunes account on my MacBook , not listen to them through the SuperDrive , I know I can do that , but can I import them permanently onto my MacBook , many thanks for replies in advance , john , new to all things apple lol
- Asked by John D
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina)
will the superdrive work with windows on Macbook pro 13' with Retina
- Asked by Stephen Y from Ipswich
- Flag as inappropriate (will the superdrive work with windows on Macbook pro 13' with Retina)
Compatible with all recent Macs?
Is this compatible with all recent Macs, or is it like earlier USB SuperDrives in that it is modded to only work with Macs that don't have an optical drive (MacBook Air, Mac mini Server, and now, the new MacBook Pro with Retina Display)?
- Asked by Jackson H from Avon
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatible with all recent Macs?)
Is the super drive compatible with a MacBook Pro without retina display?
MacBook Pro 13-inch Mid 2012
Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Software OS X 10.9.5
- Asked by Steven N C from Brimfield
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the super drive compatible with a MacBook Pro without retina display?)
Is it compatible with a pc?
- Asked by Louis B from Orlando
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it compatible with a pc?)
How do you safely disconnect the USB MacBook Air SuperDrive from MacBook Pro? Normally you dismount (eject) before disconnecting an external device.
MacBook Air SuperDrive is model # A1379 and will be connected to MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) running Yosemite V10.10.5. DVD has been ejected and removed from the SuperDrive. Normally you would eject an external device (iPod etc) before you would remove the connecting USB cord. Is the eject not required as the SuperDrive itself doesn't have any internal information/data on it? Also, is it normal for the SuperDive not to show up in the Finder sidebar?
2009 iMac and USB superdrive?
The internal superdrive in my 24-inch, Early 2009 iMac w/2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor has stopped working reliably (and most times, has stopped working at all). Was hoping that adding this external USB superdrive would keep my system limping along, however looking at the system requirements seems to have dashed my dreams of being able to continue to use my iMac in the manner for which it was purchased. Would like to know if I am out of luck here, or is there an alternative?
- Asked by Joseph W from Lynn
- Flag as inappropriate (2009 iMac and USB superdrive?)