Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Work to connect MIDI Keyboard to iPhone 5/5s?
I have a MIDI keyboard that can use USB instead of a MIDI cable. Will this adapter allow me to plug the keyboard into my iPhone and use in GarageBand?
- Asked by Dustin P from Huber Heights
- Flag as inappropriate (Work to connect MIDI Keyboard to iPhone 5/5s?)
No answers yet
lightning USB camera adapter iphone 5S compatibility
At the Apple store in Bridgewater, NJ today, I asked what I needed to connect my Canon 30D to my iPhone 5S and my iPad Air. I was told and sold a Lightning to USB Camera Adapter.
When I got home, I plugged the camera and phone together. The phone reads Cannot Use Device: Canon Digital Camera: The connected device is not supported.
The connection with the iPad Air works.
Both iPhone 5S and iPad Air have latest iOS.
Any way to make this work for the 5S or should I return the cable?
- Asked by Joseph A from Long Valley
- Flag as inappropriate (lightning USB camera adapter iphone 5S compatibility)
Does anyone know if the Blue Tiki USB microphone will work with the iPhone 5 using the Lighting to USB Camera adapter?
- Asked by Chi-wang Y from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate (Does anyone know if the Blue Tiki USB microphone will work with the iPhone 5 using the Lighting to USB Camera adapter?)
Will this work with the CF card in my Canon 5D mk II? The previous version did not work on my camera due to the file size of the images or CF card?
The previous version did not support communication between my 5D mk II and the iPad.
Will this work with either a Sony cyber-shot DSC-W5 or canon PowerShot elph 320 HS
- Asked by Beverley C from Mississauga
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with either a Sony cyber-shot DSC-W5 or canon PowerShot elph 320 HS)
Can I connect iPhone 5s/PianoDiary to MAC/Sibelius First to import & export MIDI data via the Apple Camera connection kit ?
I use Yamaha PianoDiary app (on iPhone 5s) to RECORD midi from an external piano
ie. (iPhone 5S --> Apple Camera connection kit --> Roland UM-One to midi plugs (In and Out) --> External Piano.)
The PianoDiary app also allows me to PLAYBACK to the piano.
Alas, the MIDI is stored within a PianoDiary SQLite database and not as a midi file. So, no easy way to export and import.
Unable to get the PianoDiary app WiFi or Bluetooth working with a MAC so now I explore hard wiring from iPhone 5s to a MAC.
Could I treat the iPhone 5s/Pianodiary app as a MIDI instrument
i.e. (iPhone 5s/Pianodiary --> Apple Camera connection kit --> TypeA(Male) to TypeB(Female) adapter --> Regular USB cable --> Mac/Sibelius First.)
I could then press PLAY on the iPhone 5S and RECORD on the MAC to export from the iPhone and vice versa to import.
Is there any good reason why this hardwire approach wouldn't work using the Apple Camera connection kit ?
Is there a better way to do this connection via cable ? (I have given up on WiFi and Bluetooth)
Could you use this cable to tether another device?
I have several iOS devices and was wondering if this could be used to tether another iOS device. I have Verizon so my iPhone 5 and iPad allow tethering, just wondering if would work that way???
- Asked by Andrew D from Monterey Park
- Flag as inappropriate (Could you use this cable to tether another device?)
Can I download pictures from a thumb drive to my iPad Air 2 or to my iPhone 5S using a Lightning to USB Camera Adapter?
- Asked by Steven M from West Hills
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I download pictures from a thumb drive to my iPad Air 2 or to my iPhone 5S using a Lightning to USB Camera Adapter?)
Does the "Lightning to USB Camera Adapter" allow a iPAD mini 3 (or an iPhone 5) to import / export photos or documents using a USB drive?
- Asked by Mackenzie C from Winnipeg
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the "Lightning to USB Camera Adapter" allow a iPAD mini 3 (or an iPhone 5) to import / export photos or documents using a USB drive?)
can I use this adaptor for my iMac
The camera adaptor that I bought to download images from my Canon 5D to my iPadworks a treat! Can I use it to download from my camera to my new iMac?
Incidentally, Apple has set disastrous booby traps for the unwary: be careful, the slightest touch on the "Delete" option that comes up when one "Selects" images for downloading will permanently delate all your precious, irreplaceable photos from your camera memory card!!! It happened to me. I lost over 80 carefully taken photos during a trip to India - photos that I had meticulously planned a year in advance, after researching the Internet, for the best examples of the incredible examples of the art of "pieta dura" and other detailed decorative architectural detail in the Agra Red Fort and Itimad-ud-Daula's mausoleum. All gone in a flash, when I inattentively, inadvertently brushed a finger on the" Delete" option while scrolling!!!! Apple should never have crafted this unnecessary "Delete" option when one is merely trying to transfer/download images from camera to iPad. C'mon Apple geeks - get rid of this pitfall.
Apple: Super hardware, nicely designed, but the software is quirky and even daft! My PC was not as pretty, but was better in use!
- Asked by Michael A
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use this adaptor for my iMac)