Similar questions from the community
Does the Airport/Time Capsule Support Remote Access from the Internet. DDNS, Dynamic DNS, Wide area Bonjour,
Hi, I have seen others ask questions on DDNS - I am not so worried about DDNS specifically (although this would seem the most sensible way to support this capability).
Is there ANY way from the device itself? (not a Mac, PC or something else sat behind it) to allow remote connection from the internet back into the device. For instance to remote access the time capsule, access a device such as an IP Camera etc. I do not have a static IP address fomr my ISP so I need some way to broadcast this via a dynamic DNS service or other method that you can provide, but it needs to be form the router as I do not have a Mac or PC or other device permanently left 'on' behind the Airport.
- Asked by Neil G from Winter Park
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Airport/Time Capsule Support Remote Access from the Internet. DDNS, Dynamic DNS, Wide area Bonjour,)
I have Verizon jetpack mifi 4620. It's a cellular data modem with no data ports. All connections are via WIFI. Can this Time Capsule connect via WIFI?
- Asked by C Douglas R from Madison
- Flag as inappropriate (I have Verizon jetpack mifi 4620. It's a cellular data modem with no data ports. All connections are via WIFI. Can this Time Capsule connect via WIFI?)
does airport time capsule require a separate modem to connect with century link internet
- Asked by Linda E from Lino Lakes
- Flag as inappropriate (does airport time capsule require a separate modem to connect with century link internet)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
do I need internet connection to backup my mac to airport time capsule?
- Asked by Saem C from Wellington
- Flag as inappropriate (do I need internet connection to backup my mac to airport time capsule?)
Can Time Capusle limit internet data usage and speed on connected devices?
I have a 4th-gen Time Capusle bought in 2012. I set up a guest network for visiting friends & families. But sometimes kids will watch videos on their iPad/iPhone all day long, eating up my data allowance and slowing down network speed.
Is there a way I can limit data usage and speed (say, 1GB per day at no faster than 5Mbps download) on Time Capsule's connected devices?
- Asked by Tony C from Santee
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Time Capusle limit internet data usage and speed on connected devices?)
How fast is the Airport Time Capsule
Will the 2 TB airport Time Capsule work with 400mpb internet speed?
Does it matter what generation Tim Capsule?
- Asked by Timothy J D from Houston
- Flag as inappropriate (How fast is the Airport Time Capsule)
No answers yet
does the time capsule have to be plugged into the internet modem
- Asked by Walt F from Dardenne Prairie
- Flag as inappropriate (does the time capsule have to be plugged into the internet modem)
How would I go about using a Time Capsule with Time Warner Cable?
They force you to rent one of their routers. Would I just connect the two using an ethernet cable? Would this affect the speed of Internet I get? And would it be silly to pay for Time Capsule if I already have to pay for a router? I know you get the backup capabilities, but having 2 devices for Wi-Fi seems unnecessary. I have all Apple products.
- Asked by Casey G from Louisville
- Flag as inappropriate (How would I go about using a Time Capsule with Time Warner Cable?)
Can I connect a printer to my time capsule using WPS?
I have a Canon Pixma wireless printer that can only connect to WiFi via WPS. I have a Time Capsule 2TB router. I do not see a WPS button on it. Is there a way to trigger the WPS functionality via some other means? In other words: without using a USB cable, because that is connected to my wife's desktop PC, how can I virtually press a WPS button on my Time Capsule to connect the printer to my apple network?
- Asked by Bob R from West Valley City
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a printer to my time capsule using WPS?)
Can the AirPort Time Capsule be used to create a WLAN network by connecting it to my main router?
I have a Cisco RV042 Dual-WAN router which has only ethernet ports for LAN connections. I am planning to buy a AirPort Time Capsule.
Can I connect the Cisco RV042's LAN port to AirPort's WAN port and still let the RV042 to do load balancing simultaneously as AirPort provides internet connection to LAN through Wi-Fi. If yes, How can it be done?
Does the AirPort Time Capsule (2013) allow USB or Ethernet-connected drive to be used as part of the Time Capsule functionality?
Would like to explore connecting a USB-drive-enclosure and/or an Ethernet-drive-enclosure to allow more backup space to be available to users on my home network. Even if this would supercede the internal drive, I would find it preferable to other options like SLUG or FreeNAS which can be cheaper but potentially less-reliable.
For example, an Ethernet-capable NAS of, say, 10TB could be connected to one of the Gigabit ports, but would the AirPort Time Capsule (2013) recognize it as an extension of the internal storage, and therefore part of the Time Capsule storage media used for native Mac backups?
If there's not a way to do that, how arduous or risky is it to move the existing backups from the Time Capsule's internal drive to an external drive (ex: Ethernet-connected NAS) to free-up space on the 2TB/3TB internal drive, without corrupting the contents of that internal drive? Is there a way to initiate the move from within the Time Capsule itself, and thereby avoiding downloading/uploading all of that content over-the-network (to/from the PC) unnecessarily?
- Asked by Harlan H from Mequon
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the AirPort Time Capsule (2013) allow USB or Ethernet-connected drive to be used as part of the Time Capsule functionality?)
can i remote access a airport time capsule???
I am thinking of purchasing the 2TB Airport Time Capsule & was wondering if I would be able to access the Airport Time Capsule remotely from anywhere via the Internet?
if yes, how???
- Asked by Darren M
- Flag as inappropriate (can i remote access a airport time capsule???)
has ethernet cable connection between time capsule and imac priority over WIFI connection
At the time my iMac gets its Internet access over WLAN of a Router/modem.
The connection between airport TimeCapsule and the iMac is also wireless.
After updating to Sierra (coincidence?) I get very often the message that the backup on the TimeCapsule is corrupt, and time machine initiates a new backup. I want to try the next backup over a cable connection between the Computer and the TimeCapsule.
1. What happens if I connect my iMac 27 2012 to the Airport Time capsule per Ethernet cable, but the WLAN on the iMac remains active? Will the connection between the iMac and the TC be through cable or through WLAN?
2. Will the iMac WLAN function?
- Asked by Dimitar L
- Flag as inappropriate (has ethernet cable connection between time capsule and imac priority over WIFI connection)
Android Airport time capsule compatibility
I have a macbook pro and an Android mobile devices and wanted to know if airport time capsule will work as a storage and backup solution on Android.
I know it will work as a modem for internet access but will I be able to store my data and access it from my non apple devices?
- Asked by Omar N from Dayton
- Flag as inappropriate (Android Airport time capsule compatibility)
No answers yet
Is it possible to connect directly to internet if I plug the internet cable into the LAN on AirPort Extreme? I think the only way is to use the WAN.
Can I connect the Time Capsule wirelessly to my home wifi, in place on wiring in into the modem?
Also--is it possible to use Time Capsule as a mobile wireless backup device? For instance, Time Cap connects to whatever wifi network is available along with my MacBook Air and then it backs up that way? Why must it be wired into the home network?
- Asked by Frances C from Garden City
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect the Time Capsule wirelessly to my home wifi, in place on wiring in into the modem?)
can i connect the Airport Extreme Time Capsule to my old Time Capsule?
I am wondering if my old 1TB Time capsule can be connected as an additional drive to the new 2TB Airport Extreme Time Capsule.
- Asked by Carlos F from Portage
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect the Airport Extreme Time Capsule to my old Time Capsule?)
Can time capsule connect with iPad air?
I wanted to by airport time capsule 2 tb but I had a query that can it connect to iPad Air?? and send data to it or from my iPad can I send data to air port.?? . If I can then how
- Asked by Darshil P
- Flag as inappropriate (Can time capsule connect with iPad air?)
No answers yet