Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Does it support devices which draw more power?
I'm using the previous generation adapter to connect audio/midi devices.
Some devices do not work because they draw too much power, they need a powered USB hub inbetween to be supported by iOS.
Wondering if this new adapter supports devices which draw more power, if it is connected to a charger?
- Asked by Jakob P from Cologne
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it support devices which draw more power?)
Can this charge the device using (what appears to be a lightning port next to the USB port) while using the adapter simultaneously?
- Asked by Emory David D from Eagan
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this charge the device using (what appears to be a lightning port next to the USB port) while using the adapter simultaneously?)
Will it charge your device and work with iPhones too?
- Asked by Aaron P from Sylmar
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it charge your device and work with iPhones too?)
Will connecting a lightning charger to this adapter also charge the iPad?
Many musicians use the USB camera adapter to connect USB MIDI keyboards and professional grade audio interfaces to the iPad, but are wary about going into a performance environment while relying on the device's battery. 30 pin connections allowed you to power the iPad while also connecting to the USB host but Lightning requires bulky and expensive items such as the Focusrite dock to do the same. If this device will allow performers to charge or keep the iPad powered while using USB to connect to a controller or audio interface then it will solve a lot of problems for using iOS in a professional environment.
- Asked by Christina S
- Flag as inappropriate (Will connecting a lightning charger to this adapter also charge the iPad?)
Can this be used with iPhone6? What USB device powers it?
1. Will this work with iPhone 6 (not listed under compatibility)?
2. Hard to understand exactly what powers this. Is it a power supply? A powered hub? the USB3 connector used for the Mac?
- Asked by Scott M from Stoneham
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used with iPhone6? What USB device powers it?)
Will this device work with my Sony D-50 audio recorder? And will it work with my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface?
These devices are using universal protocols but I am not sure the adapter + iPad/iPhone support this. It does on OSX though.
USB devices compatilible and power requirements
Is there a list of compatible USB devices? I am searching for a USB RS232 serial adapter.
And which USB Ethernet adapter does not require extra power?
- Asked by Jeroen K from Hong Kong
- Flag as inappropriate (USB devices compatilible and power requirements)
No answers yet
Can I use this device to copy files from my iCloud drive to another device attached to the USB port?
e.g. I store GPX route files for navigation on my iCloud drive and want to be able to copy them to my Garmin cycle computer using iPad. currently I need a laptop to do this
Can we use this adapter to simultaneously connect to an Ethernet adapter AND charge the iOS device at the same time? Thanks
- Asked by Echeyde C from Palo Alto
- Flag as inappropriate (Can we use this adapter to simultaneously connect to an Ethernet adapter AND charge the iOS device at the same time? Thanks)
Does this adapter works with Canon 5D Mark II? Or will it pop up ‘this device used too much power’?
I’m looking for an adapter to enable my camera to be transferring photos to my iPad. Since I’m going a trip soon where I’ll not going to take my laptop along with me, so I’m looking for an alternative to transfer my photo from camera to my iPad. However there’s a lot of complaints said this adapter is not functioning, is it true? I’m planning to use it along with my Canon 5D Mark II, iPad Air and iPhone 6.
- Asked by Francis T from Butterworth
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter works with Canon 5D Mark II? Or will it pop up ‘this device used too much power’?)
Is the second port a Lightning port?
The description refers to a USB Power Adapter to power the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter, does that mean using the standard iPad wall plug and standard USB to Lightning cable?
- Asked by Michael L from Ooltewah
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the second port a Lightning port?)
Is the second lightning port on the adapter fully functional?
I have have an Irig pro audio interface which uses lightning to connect to my iPhone.
I was wondering if the second lightning adapter port is fullly functional and not just for power?
My iteration is to plug in a usb keyboard into the USB port and use the other lightning port for the the irig audio interface.
- Asked by Stephen M
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the second lightning port on the adapter fully functional?)
Is it fully compatible with iPad Mini first gen?
In the compatibility list says it is, but it doesn't work with mine, it says "the connected device requieres too much power". I'm using the iPad power adapter ofcourse. The device i'm trying to connect is a Focusrite 2i2, it works just fine with the iPhone SE, but the iPad is not working with it. Please let me know if there's a fix for this, thanks!
- Asked by Ivan V
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it fully compatible with iPad Mini first gen?)