Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Can I daisy chain two Thunderbolt displays to the MacBook Pro using the USB-C Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter? MBP->Adapter->TBD-(chain)->TBD?
Does the new USB-C (Thunderbolt 3) to Thunderbolt 2 adapter allow this chaining? My old MBP is connected to two Thunderbolt Displays in a daisy chain like this, and I want to continue the same approach
Can I daisy chain with the TB2 to TB3 adapter?
Can I daisy chain a Lacie D2 w/ TB2 to a TB3 external hard drive with the apple adapter? I would like the keep a TB3 connection open.
- Asked by Ian N from Vacaville
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I daisy chain with the TB2 to TB3 adapter?)
No answers yet
Does this adapter support bidirectional data transfer, want to add a sudo usb 3.0 port to my mid 2011 mac mini
OK basically I want to add a usb 3.0 port to my old but still kicking mid 2011 mac mini. I already upped the ram to 16gb ( apple you liar with the 8gb max ) and im about to upgrade my slow stock HDD to a SSD. Now my dilemma is as follows
1) I am well aware of the kanex thunderbolt to usb 3.0 adapter but not willing to shell out $79.99 yet unless this is my only option unless someone with a similar mid 2011 mac mini has evidence to prove it works
2) Basically since the description on the apple site states
"As a bidirectional adapter, it can also connect new Thunderbolt 3 devices to a Mac with a Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port and macOS
So if this adapter is truly bidirectional as is stated ---- if i buy this + a male thunderbolt to male thunderbolt cable which id connect to my mac and the other end to the female thunderbolt port on this adapter would i then be able to either
a) connect the male usb-c to a gender changer adapter female usb-c to female usb 3.0 type A connection thus allowing me to
connect my usb 3.0 hub i have already giving me at least noticeably faster data transfer speeds vs the slow usb 2.0 ports
b) buy a usb 3.1 micro B to a usb - c female cable to use my external HDD
i know i should eventually upgrade to a new mac but my mid 2011 mac mini is still working strong
- Asked by Matthew V from Rockville Centre
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter support bidirectional data transfer, want to add a sudo usb 3.0 port to my mid 2011 mac mini)
Can you daisy chain thunderbolt 2 drives?
I have a drive with two ports that has another drive with two ports connected and that second drive again another drive. In short: daisy chained drives (one is used as Time Machine drive). All their own power brick). This works fine now, but will the adapter also allow this daisy chain? So one thunderbolt 2 drive will get the adapter and there it will have daisy chained Thunderbolt 2 drives.
Will this work as it works now?
- Asked by F V
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you daisy chain thunderbolt 2 drives?)
Can this adapter be used on my MacBook with USB-C?nullSpecifically, can it be used to connect my MacBook to my Apple Cinema Display?
can i use this chain: new macbook pro >>> usb-c adapter (usb-c to thunderbold 2) >>> thunderbolt cable >>> imac minidisplay insert- secodary display
Should the network connection be passed through from an older Apple Thunderbolt Display
I have an older Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch (2560 x 1440) Radeon Pro 450 2048 MB graphics). I attached it to my new MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016) using a Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter. For my old Mac Book Pro, I could attach to the network by plugging an ethernet cable into the display, but that network connection doesn't seem to pass though with the new MacBook pro and this cable.
Should it work? If so, what do I have to do?
- Asked by Alan C from Acton
- Flag as inappropriate (Should the network connection be passed through from an older Apple Thunderbolt Display)
Will it support legacy thunderbolt adapter cables, such as the thunderbolt to ethernet adapter and the thunderbolt to firewire adapter?
mac pro to thunderbolt 3 display
I have a Mac Pro (2013 - desktop) that has Thunderbolt 2.
Can I get an adapter to drive a Thunderbolt 3 display? (Samsung 34" C34J79x Display)
- Asked by Mark H from Port Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate (mac pro to thunderbolt 3 display)
Does this adapter help connect a MacBook Pro to a Thunderbolt 2 docking station?
I've got a StarTech Thunderbolt 2 docking station that I'm using with two HP monitors (VGA cable
DisplayPort cable, Thunderbolt 3 cables). Will this adapter help connect the monitors via the docking station to my 2018 13" MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Evelina K from Strathfield
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter help connect a MacBook Pro to a Thunderbolt 2 docking station?)
If I connect this adapter to a USB-C port of LG 43UD79-B monitor (displayport over usb-c), can I use my Mac Pro 2013 (thunderbolt 2)?
- Asked by Jungdon C from Ann Arbor
- Flag as inappropriate (If I connect this adapter to a USB-C port of LG 43UD79-B monitor (displayport over usb-c), can I use my Mac Pro 2013 (thunderbolt 2)?)
Can this adapter be used to connect a USB C monitor to a Mac Mini (which only has USB A and Thunderbolt ports)?
In particular, I'd like to connect an AOC i1601fwux monitor which would need both power and video from the single USB C cable.
- Asked by Michael P from Waban
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be used to connect a USB C monitor to a Mac Mini (which only has USB A and Thunderbolt ports)?)
Can i connect a wacom cintiq with this adapter to a new iMac ? I used to connect my Wacom cintiq 27 hd touch, with a thunderbolt 2 to my old iMac
- Asked by Ignacio Rafael B from Texcoco
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i connect a wacom cintiq with this adapter to a new iMac ? I used to connect my Wacom cintiq 27 hd touch, with a thunderbolt 2 to my old iMac)