Questions & Answers for Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt with Century Trim
25 Questions from the Community
How do you know that this lock is compatible with your front door?
- Asked by Heather K from Tampa
- Flag as inappropriate (How do you know that this lock is compatible with your front door?)
The lock is made to fit most standard lock installations with no modifications to your door or minor changes to the lock's installation setup. If your door already has a standard deadbolt, the Schlage Sense should fit. If you're very concerned, I would recommend visiting the Schlage site and Youtube for support (youtube username is schlagelocks). If anything, please consider the height of the components inside and outside the door. For Example, if you have another lock directly above where yo intend to install this one. Hope this helps.
- Answered by Sevag M from Laval
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How do you know that this lock is compatible with your front door?)
Is the door lock fire rated or certified for use in Apartment buildings?
I would like to use this on my apartment door however it is not clear if the lock is certified or fire rated? Is this lock fire rated?
- Asked by Richard M from Redfern
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the door lock fire rated or certified for use in Apartment buildings?)
where can i a get a schlage door handle that matches the silver color of this deadbolt ? Schlage has satin chrome and satin nickel, no silver colorAnswer
The colour of the finish is actually Satin Nickel not Silver as labelled in Apple's description. Schlage sells Handlesets in the Century trim in Satin Nickel and Matte Black finishes to match this Smart Deadbolt.
Bluetooth range for AppleTV
The box says "ideally 40ft", but is that 40ft free space/open air or through normal building materials? i don't know too many people with an AppleTV in their foyer!
In my case it's about 40ft, but through a tiled floor and a couple walls.
- Asked by Bruce T from Tottenham
- Flag as inappropriate (Bluetooth range for AppleTV)