Questions & Answers for Logi BASE Charging Stand with Smart Connector for iPad Pro
14 Questions + 17 Answers
14 Questions from the Community
Is this stand compatible with an iPad Pro fitted with a Logi Slim Combo case (with keyboard detached)?
Logi's Slim Combo has a protective cover and detachable keyboard (which pairs and powers on using the Smart Connector).
- Asked by Jadon M from Warragul
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this stand compatible with an iPad Pro fitted with a Logi Slim Combo case (with keyboard detached)?)
For the 10.5 inch iPad Pro, yes it will.
- Answered by Richard O from Wexford
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will it charge with the Logitech Slim Combo case (keyboard detached) on the iPad Pro?)
Can we place an iPad Mini and iPad Air 2nd Gen on this? Even if it doesn't charge - can it be used as a non-charging dock?
Am i able to use the new magnet charger on my i pad pro
I've had a stroke and as a result find making the cablr connect to my iPhone 5s and i pad pro is it safe to use the magnet connection with them ,
- Asked by Pauline C
- Flag as inappropriate (Am i able to use the new magnet charger on my i pad pro)
You can certainly leave the dock itself disconnected and use a magnetic attachment adapter you add to the lightning port. The dock is designed for stationary use, however, so I would recommend leaving the dock itself connected using a regular lightning connector to a wall adapter via the port on the dock's back; this will require no cable manipulation at all once set up. Place the iPad (even with non-attached magnetic adapter in its lightning port) on the dock, it should charge. I would not recommend attempting to combine the two charging methods at once.
- Answered by Alice B from Montréal
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Am i able to use the new magnet charger on my i pad pro)
Does the Smart Connector connection allow data transfer? Or is it exclusively for charging?
I'd love to simply plug this into my computer and be able to use it while I'm doing app development on my iPad Pro.
- Asked by Tim O from Perth
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Smart Connector connection allow data transfer? Or is it exclusively for charging?)
I have just discovered that you can not do this. I was going to use this with the duet display app as that requires a wired connection and it doesn't work. It only gives charge to the iPad which is a shame. I hope logi can fix this with a software patch unless it's a limitation of the smart connector.
As mentioned before, you can leave the silicone case on the ipad but no smart covers, since they are ON the smart connector.
Can I leave the iPad Pro on the charger stand all the time?
I use the stand on my desk all the time with my iPad Pro 9.7". Will it do any harm to leave it plugged in all the time?
- Asked by Andrew S from Mckinnon
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I leave the iPad Pro on the charger stand all the time?)
Yes, my iPad spends most of its life at home on one of these docks, while at work using the keyboard cover. The only issue I've encountered is that at higher brightness levels the iPad will actually discharge while docked. (There's a reason Apple's "hours of usable time" are measured with the brightness not at full.)
- Answered by Alice B from Montréal
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I leave the iPad Pro on the charger stand all the time?)
no, it takes 7 hours to charge the ipad without using it if you have the 12.9ipad pro. the ipad will not charge if youre using it with 50% brightness. I just recommend getting a usbc adapter from apple and buy a usbc - lightning connector (apple), it will charge your iPad in about 2-3 hours
- Answered by Mark P from Hinesville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this stand charge the ipad fast enough to keep it juiced up while using it?)
Does this dock allow the new fast charging mode for the iPad Pro 12.9 when a 29 W USB-C power adapter is plugged into the dock?
In the overview section to the
USB-C to Lightning Cable
You can also use the cable with an Apple 29W USB-C Power Adapter to take advantage of the fast charging feature on the 12.9-inch iPad Pro
No answers yet
Yes, I just tested it and the Apple Pencil charges just fine plugged into the iPad Pro as the iPad is charging on the Logi BASE.
- Answered by Scott H from Moraga
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can the apple pencil be plugged into the i-pad pro, while it is charging on this charging stand?)
How does the smart connector compare to lightning port in terms of charging speed?
Say if I am watching video while charging on this dock, through the smart connector, is it going to be charging fast enough compared to the battery used to play the video? The lightning port with 12W adapter that comes with the iPad pro package is charging fast enough to outrun the battery burned by video playing. I think if the smart connector can perform equally that is gonna be good.
- Asked by Ying Lun F
- Flag as inappropriate (How does the smart connector compare to lightning port in terms of charging speed?)
I think this depends on the size iPad Pro you have. The 9.7 I'm finding is about 20 mins longer to fully charge from flat, so not much in it at all. It holds a charge easy whilst being used. I have auto brightness on so that would vary. The larger iPad is a different story I have read.
- Answered by Jack L
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How does the smart connector compare to lightning port in terms of charging speed?)
Is the Logi base charging stand a portable charger?
I need this for school so if I forgot to charge my iPad could I just put it on the stand (without plugging in the stand) and it will begin to charge?
- Asked by Juliette B from Centennial
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the Logi base charging stand a portable charger?)
Can it charge faster if you also charge it via the Lightning port at the same time?
- Asked by Darryl B from North Plainfield
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it charge faster if you also charge it via the Lightning port at the same time?)
You can leave the silicone case on the iPad,but no covers over screen as they cover the 3 charging connectors,see Logitech for the specs.
- Answered by Kevin C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use this item with an Apple smart cover and case on the iPad?)