Questions & Answers for Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock HD
8 Questions from the Community
Can I use a thunderbolt 2 to thunderbolt 3 adapter to use this?
I have an early 13 MBP 15" with NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1 GB Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, and 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3.
All that to say, I have thunderbolt 2 ports and I need a dock. I know there are good thunderbolt 2 docks but I plan on upgrading the laptop by the end of the year and would love it if I could buy a thunderbolt 3 dock and use a dongle in the meantime. Im sure at a minimum, it wouldn't be as powerful, but If I could get by with that for now, I would like to at least know.
Thanks for your time,
- Asked by Steven W from Milford
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use a thunderbolt 2 to thunderbolt 3 adapter to use this?)
The dock supports one 4K monitor through the Display Port at 60 Hz, but once the computer goes to sleep, your monitor may not resync on wake up. This turns out to be the problem with using this dock with the Dell P2715Q and other 4K monitors. I had the same problem with sync on wake up with two lower resolution monitors.
- Answered by Susan P from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the dock support a 4k monitor at 30Hz or 60Hz through the mini display port?)
This product works with the MacBook Pro 2017 launched June 5, 2017. I have tried 1 Dell 4K monitor and 1 5K LG Thunderbolt 3 and these worked together. The Dell display used DisplayPort and the LG display connected to the 2nd Thunderbolt 3 port on the dock.
Does not work with the MacBook which only has a single USB-C interface. Be aware, the USB-C interface looks just like Thunderbolt 3, but does not offer the higher capabilities of Thunderbolt 3.
Thunderbolt 3 interfaces on shipping Macs also function as a USB-C port when USB-C peripherals are attached.
- Answered by Bryant D from Provo
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this work with the MacBook launched June 5, 2017? If affirmative, can two 4K monitors be plugged in??)
Does it support Apple USB SuperDrive?
Apple USB SuperDrive needs additional power supply, that makes it does not support any USB hub. Does this dock support for additional power supply?
- Asked by Peiyu L from Riverton
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it support Apple USB SuperDrive?)
Must I use one of the thunderbolt ports to connect it to the wall?
- Asked by Gustavo B from Porto Alegre
- Flag as inappropriate (Must I use one of the thunderbolt ports to connect it to the wall?)
Is there a similar hub for the 2017 MacBook laptop (12 inch)?
- Asked by Guillem P from Mountain View
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a similar hub for the 2017 MacBook laptop (12 inch)?)