Questions & Answers for Apple Composite AV Cable
528 Questions from the Community
Does it work with iOS 6?
I've heard of complaints of the HDMI adapter not working for videos streamed through HBO go and other similar apps after iOS 6 update. I was curious if similar instances pertained to the component adapter. I am only interested in it to stream Netflix through my iPod 4g with iOS 6. Am I going to have problems???
- Asked by Jeremy M from Eustace
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with iOS 6?)
It is not working for me with iOS 6 on iPhone 4. I thought it might be a bad cable, so I tried on my wife's iPhone 4 running iOS 5... it worked like a charm for her. It also worked on my mother-in-law's iPhone 3G (iOS 4 or 5, I'm not sure). Hopefully they'll get it worked out soon; I bought it so the kids could see movies and YouTube clips on the DVD screen in the van.
- Answered by Jeff M from Kinston
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does it work with iOS 6?)
Can i hook up my iPad 2, or iPhone 4 to my minivan in the back seat which has composite hook ups and watch it through the drop down video screen?Answer
It works on my JVC EXAD in-car system for both iPad2 and iPhone4 by playing youtube, video clip, photo slideshow and even some games which support TV out.
If your car's TV / Radio supports AV playback and has composite inputs then yes it should be able to.
- Answered by James H from North Bondi
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (so can you use this hook up for a car tv radio to show videos in movies on your tv radio?)
IS there much difference in quality between component av cable and composite av cable, If the TV has both options which is the best ?
- Asked by Gerrie L from Sydney
- Flag as inappropriate (IS there much difference in quality between component av cable and composite av cable, If the TV has both options which is the best ?)
How can I connect my MacBook Pro (and maybe my other Apple devices, like my iPad) to my LCD LED HD TV & sound system? Pls reply in Rookie. Tks.
No answers yet
how do you keep a charge while watching ?
- Asked by Jeremy L from Morganton
- Flag as inappropriate (how do you keep a charge while watching ?)
My av cable does not have a yellow, what do i do?
I found this cable in the basement of my apartment, its has the blue, green and red on one side and white and red on the other.. i want to connect it to my tv which only has a white and yellow...
- Asked by Alyssa P
- Flag as inappropriate (My av cable does not have a yellow, what do i do?)
Can I use this adapter and still use 3G data?
- Asked by Shawn K from New Market
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this adapter and still use 3G data?)
can i watch the movie from my sony pc with this av cable ?
- Asked by Doan N from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate (can i watch the movie from my sony pc with this av cable ?)
i wont to connect my ipod to my stereo, it has the av cables to use. but should i connect through the headphone connection or the dock area???? could
could i purchase this product and it connect ok, and would it connect through the headphones or the ipod dock at the base of the ipod???
No answers yet
No, the cable is for connecting iOS devices to TVs. See list of supported devices.
- Answered by Richard G
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use this cable to connect my MacBook Pro to a VHS player to capture footage from a VHS tape?)
i'm pleased that you asked that question.
I have been advised to buy the component cable rather than the composite if your TV is pretty new and, I guess, pretty good (HD ready etc.)
The problem is picture degradation as the Sky app is for the iPhone so degrades when blown up to TV size, which makes sense.
- Answered by Dennis J
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can i watch the sky sports app with a composite av cable from my iphone 4 to tv?)
When using this cable to connect a iPad2 to a stereo, do you control the music volume with the ipad or the stereo or a combination of both?Answer
It depends if it is a stereo made specifically for iPods and apple stuff, like the ihome. If you're using an auxiliary cable you usually use volume control on both the stereo and the iPad/iPod. Most people I know say that if you have it plugged into your car stereo, it sounds better if you have the iPad/iPod volume up just halfway or thee fourths of the way, and then control the rest with the stereo. I dont know why the volume of your iPod or iPad would effect the sound quality over the stereo, but apparently it does(:
- Answered by Anthony T from Highland Village
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (When using this cable to connect a iPad2 to a stereo, do you control the music volume with the ipad or the stereo or a combination of both?)