Questions & Answers for Lightning Digital AV Adapter
324 Questions from the Community
Is it possible to connect a keyboard to the monitor hooked to the iphone so you can use the keyboard on the iphone?
I have an iphone with a defect display so i need to see the iphone screen on the monitor. If the monitor has usb ports I would like to connect a keyboard to the usb ports of the monitor to unlock the iphone. Is this possible?
How can I split IPhone 7 audio from HDMI Video output to a Lightning->3.5 audio adapter .
I use my IPhone 7 and AV adapter to output video via HDMI to a projector (Projector has no Audio or Audio output).
So of course I get video just fine but no audio.
I need to be able split off the Audio from the HDMI output to a standard 3.5 audio jack.
I've tried using the Lightning->3.5 adapter that came with the phone but when daisy chained off the Digital AV Adapter the IPhone 7 doesn't recognize it.
I know if I have a Bluetooth speaker connected and swipe up on the IPhone I get an option to switch the audio output between HDMI or Bluetooth.
But this option doesn't appear with the Lightning->3.5 adapter
- Asked by Dan K from Naperville
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I split IPhone 7 audio from HDMI Video output to a Lightning->3.5 audio adapter .)
Does the lightning Charging port need to be plugged in? (Ie. does the lightning HDMI A/V adapter require external power to be functional)
Can the adapter function stand alone without a USB lightning cable connected to AC power adapter?
No answers yet
Can I use this to watch downloaded Netflix content on iOS 11 Ipad?
I am reading that this is not possible with IOS 11 but was wondering if this includes downloaded shows or just for live streaming. Many thanks
- Asked by Anita H
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to watch downloaded Netflix content on iOS 11 Ipad?)
Hello. I have the same set up and the answer is "you can". Problem is, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have no clue why that happens. What I've found is, when only the HULU logo appears and you only get "sound" with no picture, then I log out of HULU completely, close the app completely, then log back in. Sometimes it takes 3 or more attempts of doing this, but eventually it starts streaming to my TV. It's a nuisance and if HULU doesn't address and fix the problem, then I intend to cancel my subscription. Of course, I've tried contacting them, but that doesn't seem to work either. Try this and I hope it works for you..eventually. Good luck.
- Answered by Perry P from Mesa
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Why can't I play hulu from my 6 plus to my tv using my lightening av cable adapter. Only audio plays)
Can I watch virgin media tv app or sky sports app on my television using my lightning digital AV adaptor
When i try to use it it just comes up with error message or unfortunately we are not allowed to stream video via video out or via screen mirroring.
It has also came up with due to licensing restrictions this output isn’t supported
Can somebody please help me overcome this problem if possible
For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?
With iPhone 7 Plus I want to record video and use an external (large) monitor. So I use the Digital AV adapter for HDMI out BUT now my external microphone (plugged into the auxiliary lightning port on the adapter) is no longer recognized. It worked fine when plugged directly into the phone without the adapter. Is it possible for this configuration to work. If so, how?
Can I use the adapter to edit photos on my iphone to my laptop? Looking to use it for a larger screen.
use of photo editing apps to work on my laptop screen.
- Asked by Christine B from W.monroe
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the adapter to edit photos on my iphone to my laptop? Looking to use it for a larger screen.)
Can this adapter use to watch Jio TV
I would like to use this adapter to watch Jio TV on my TV screen, does it work?
- Asked by Paras B from Pune
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter use to watch Jio TV)
I see the HDMI plug but what is that second plug for?
On the pictures of this Lightning to HDMI adapter there looks like to plugs, 1 for the HDMI, what is the other one for?
- Asked by Robert R from Menifee
- Flag as inappropriate (I see the HDMI plug but what is that second plug for?)
The other plug you see is another Lightning. You can use it to recharge your Iphone 5 while you are using the HDMI port.
- Answered by Carlo S from Miane
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I see the HDMI plug but what is that second plug for?)
Can I use this cable to watch YouTube on my iPad and connect to tv?
- Asked by Josh C from Little Neck
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this cable to watch YouTube on my iPad and connect to tv?)
Dolby Digital 5.1 passthru?
Will this adapter pass Dolby Digital to an AV Receiver for 5.1 playback?
- Asked by Matt F from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (Dolby Digital 5.1 passthru?)
Yes, if that AV receiver can handle audio over HDMI
- Answered by Peter J
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Dolby Digital 5.1 passthru?)