Questions & Answers for Apple 12W USB Power Adapter
186 Questions from the Community
can I charge a iPad Pro with an iPhone 6 charger
- Asked by Wayne C from Orlando
- Flag as inappropriate (can I charge a iPad Pro with an iPhone 6 charger)
I've been using this on my iPhone 6 plus since the day I got it, it takes about an hour to charge it. It won't ruin the battery
- Answered by Joseph M from Wilmington
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the 12W USB charger, charge iPhone 6 faster? If so how much faster? Will it cause damage to the battery?)
How do I use it in the car
How do I charge my iPad in the car using the apple 12w adapter
- Asked by Neil M
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I use it in the car)
Actually it's not that complicated if you did want to use it in your car. Just get a power inverter. They plug into your cigarette lighter outlet and convert the 12V DC to 120V AC. They're quite common and work great.
- Answered by David P from Reno
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How do I use it in the car)
Can I use an Apple 12 watt Power adapter for wireless fast charging?
Wireless fast charging
- Asked by Robert J from Pensacola
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use an Apple 12 watt Power adapter for wireless fast charging?)
My charger stopped working. Was it because when plugged into an extension cord it always felt hot? Is an extension cord compatible with this charger
When using an extension cord, the charger would get very warm.
- Asked by Tanya J from Midlothian
- Flag as inappropriate (My charger stopped working. Was it because when plugged into an extension cord it always felt hot? Is an extension cord compatible with this charger)
The (over) heating of your charger when on a extension cord may be caused by thermal insulation from the surface that the charger is resting on or under during operation. If it is resting on a hard, cool surface, the charger can dissipate heat into moving air (convection) and into the cool surface (conduction) at about the same rate as the charger produces it, and it doesn't overheat.
If the charger/adapter is plugged into a strip or wall outlet, it will have maximum surface area in air and can cool by air moving past (convection).
A problem can arise if, because of the location the charger/adapter that extension cord will allow, the charger is resting on a thick carpet or an upholstered surface or bed, or worst of all, covered under a pillow, blanket, or other fabric. Now, convective or conductive heat loss (or both) will be reduced and the charger can get very hot reducing its useful life, and if completely insulated, risking a fire.
The extension cord rated for the input of the charger isn't the problem, but the extension allowing improper location of the charger itself, is.
can i charge apple watch with iphone charger
- Asked by Marina S
- Flag as inappropriate (can i charge apple watch with iphone charger)