Questions & Answers for Apple HDMI to DVI Adapter
43 Questions from the Community
Can I use my Xbox One with this adapter?
I have an IMac Computer. I want to be able to play my XBox One on this computer. Which specific adapter do I need.
I want to play Fortnite on my Mac
- Asked by Nanette S from Morrisville
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use my Xbox One with this adapter?)
Digital Visual Interface
- Answered by Sara G from Madrid
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (wwhat is DVI ?)
Can I use this to connect to my MacBook Pro and use the MacBook as the display for the Mini?
A ngo I work for has purchased a Mac Mini, and I would like to use my MacBook Pro as the monitor for the Mini.
My MacBook Pro does not have Thunderbolt, but I have an adapter that will allow me to connect it's monitor port the the Mini HDMI port.
- Asked by Sarah C L from Inverness
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to connect to my MacBook Pro and use the MacBook as the display for the Mini?)
According to HT204592, "Use your iMac as a display with Target Display Mode" only some iMacs support Target Display Mode.
You could use screen sharing on the MacBook Pro to see the output of the Mac Mini over the network.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use this to connect to my MacBook Pro and use the MacBook as the display for the Mini?)
can I use this adapter to connect my Satellite HD receiver HDMI cable to a 23" Cinema Display with a DVI connector and watch TV HDMI on my display?
No answers yet
What is the warranty period for the HDMI to DVI Adapter?
- Asked by Sharon F from Sg Buloh
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the warranty period for the HDMI to DVI Adapter?)
Can my MBP (late 2013 retina) run 1 external monitor using a miniDisplay to DVI adapter and also run a 2nd monitor using the HDMI to DVI adapter?
I'd like to run two external DELL monitors at the same time, each using a different adapter--one using a minidisplay port to DVI adapter, the other using an HDMI to DVI adapter. I don't want to mirror my desktop, I want to use the monitors as extra monitors, giving me extra desktop space (for Final Cut, etc.).
I thought of using just two minidisplay port to DVI adapters but I don't want to use up both of the thunderbolt ports on my MBP. I need one for plugging an external hard-drive... Thanks for your help!
Is this compatible with MacBook Air?
- Asked by Noor A from Springfield Gardens
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this compatible with MacBook Air?)
Which adapter will connect a 2013-2014 Macbook Pro to a 2006-2008 Apple Monitor?
I have a late 2013 Macbook pro, running Yosemite, Mac OS X 10.10.4. I wish to connect the Mac to an Apple external monitor which I purchased in 2007 -2009. This model monitor came with 3 plug ins: a firewire, a USB, and a video style plug in that has 2 groupings of 9 pins separated by a small space. Total number of pins is 18. I plugged the USB from the monitor's multi-plug assembly, but to my avail, there was no picture. My Macbook pro has no other compatible ports for this monitor. It has the USB port, an HDMI port, and 2 thunderbolt ports.
My question is, which of the adapters sold by Apple would get my external monitor working?
One more thing...when I plugged the power chord of said monitor into a power source, I saw a tiny light appear on the bottom right of its frame. After a few moments, this light was appearing to act like it was fading in and out. Does this mean it is in a sleep mode?
I anxiously await your reply. Thank you.
- Asked by Richard M from Columbia
- Flag as inappropriate (Which adapter will connect a 2013-2014 Macbook Pro to a 2006-2008 Apple Monitor?)
Is this a HDCP compliant cable? Thank you so much for your time.
- Asked by Francisco C from Belo Horizonte
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this a HDCP compliant cable? Thank you so much for your time.)
What cable would I need to streamline movies from my MacBook Air to my TV? Tv is an old flat screen Sanyo with HDMI avail?? Thanks in advance
No answers yet
I am looking for a hdmi adapter/cable to connect one end to my mac pro and mac air to connect with my television, - products for this ??
No answers yet
is this an active or passive hdmi to dvi adaptor?
I am trying to set up dual monitors for my late 2012 mac mini and all the youtube videos mention it requires an 'active' hdmi to dvi adaptor.
- Asked by Joe D from Mississauga
- Flag as inappropriate (is this an active or passive hdmi to dvi adaptor?)
Does this adapter connect to tv
Does a hdmi and dvi work on TVs
- Asked by Betty D
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter connect to tv)
What's the length of the adapter?
- Asked by Ying H from Albany
- Flag as inappropriate (What's the length of the adapter?)
Will this adapter connect a Mac Mini to an older Cinema Display which I currently have hooked up to a 2006 Mac Pro with an Apple ADC to DVI adapter?
- Asked by Mike M from Palm Springs
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter connect a Mac Mini to an older Cinema Display which I currently have hooked up to a 2006 Mac Pro with an Apple ADC to DVI adapter?)
No answers yet
Will this connector work to attach my Apple 20 inch Cinema Display to my MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)?
Ive been searching around and don't want to buy something that wont work but hoping this is it. Also do mini display port adapters plug in and work in the thunderbolt connecters on my mac book?
Does the HDMI to DVI adapter come in only one length of cord please?
I would like to purchase the adapter but I am looking for one with a longer cord. Do Apple make one please? Thank you for your help.
- Asked by Francesca L
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the HDMI to DVI adapter come in only one length of cord please?)