Questions & Answers for Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
119 Questions from the Community
As long as your keyboard doesn’t draw much power (backlit or built in USB ports ext.) this should work perfectly for you, I use it all the time for keyboards. Also when flying once you put you phone in Airplane Mode you can then go back to the Bluetooth settings and turn Bluetooth back on without effecting the aircraft as it’s the cellular signal not the Bluetooth signal that interferes with flight systems.
- Answered by Stephen C from Paradise
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I plug a computer keyboard into the USB port? I'm trying to use a keyboard on a plane (no Bluetooth on planes).)
Is the second lightning port on the adapter fully functional?
I have have an Irig pro audio interface which uses lightning to connect to my iPhone.
I was wondering if the second lightning adapter port is fullly functional and not just for power?
My iteration is to plug in a usb keyboard into the USB port and use the other lightning port for the the irig audio interface.
- Asked by Stephen M
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the second lightning port on the adapter fully functional?)
I learned that the lightning port is only for power under the worst way !!!
I have an iphone 7 were the screen went black, so I hooked it through a lightning to HDMI to my TV and I could see the iphone unlock display but of course I could not enter the unlock code touching the glass so I plugged the lightning side of the lightning to USB 3 adapter to the lightning port of the HDMI port and a keyboard to the USB 3 port.
Lo and behold, the data from the keyboard going out on the lightning to USB adapter didn't reach the iphone because the lightning port of the HDMI adapter is only for power and the same goes to the USB 3 adapter.
Unfortunately the engineers who designed both adapters never though that limiting the lightning port use for providing only power was not a good idea !!!
If some one could design a smart lightning hub, that would be great !
- Answered by Roberto S from Aventura
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is the second lightning port on the adapter fully functional?)
does USB 3 Camera adapter work with Scarlett 2i2
does USB 3 Camera adapter work with Scarlett 2i2
- Asked by J P R
- Flag as inappropriate (does USB 3 Camera adapter work with Scarlett 2i2)
Yes, it does. Tried and tested. You can do sampling in Garageband if that’s your thing.
- Answered by Balázs M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does USB 3 Camera adapter work with Scarlett 2i2)
Is it fully compatible with iPad Mini first gen?
In the compatibility list says it is, but it doesn't work with mine, it says "the connected device requieres too much power". I'm using the iPad power adapter ofcourse. The device i'm trying to connect is a Focusrite 2i2, it works just fine with the iPhone SE, but the iPad is not working with it. Please let me know if there's a fix for this, thanks!
- Asked by Ivan V
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it fully compatible with iPad Mini first gen?)
Can I plug an Apple Lightning™ Digital AV Adapter into a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter and then into an iPadPro(mini)?
I want to use the small iPadPro with a wired network connection, with video HDMI out and keep it all powered up.
It looks like it is physically possible to connect the Lightning™ Digital AV Adapter into the iPad then attach a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter to that and then power that adaptor. But will it work?
Can I use this to connect a portable SSD to the iPad Pro 9.7 or 12.9 inch models?
- Asked by Corinne C from New South Wales
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to connect a portable SSD to the iPad Pro 9.7 or 12.9 inch models?)
Can I use this device to copy files from my iCloud drive to another device attached to the USB port?
e.g. I store GPX route files for navigation on my iCloud drive and want to be able to copy them to my Garmin cycle computer using iPad. currently I need a laptop to do this
Can i read portable hard drive with Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter?
- Asked by Pedro D from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i read portable hard drive with Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter?)
USB devices compatilible and power requirements
Is there a list of compatible USB devices? I am searching for a USB RS232 serial adapter.
And which USB Ethernet adapter does not require extra power?
- Asked by Jeroen K from Hong Kong
- Flag as inappropriate (USB devices compatilible and power requirements)
Can u use this adapter for a flash drive or printer
Will this adapter work if I plug in a printer to the USB port on it or a flash drive
- Asked by Peyton O from Kettering
- Flag as inappropriate (Can u use this adapter for a flash drive or printer)
Can I use two of these lightning to USB3 Adaptors to connect my Camera and an external hard drive. Working with RAW files requires a lot of space.
If I use 2 of these lightning to USB 3 adaptors piggybacked/plugged into the other and then into the iPad, can I plug my camera into the first USB slot and an external hard drive into the other USB port on the second adaptor? will I be able to access the hard drive this way from my iPad in order to transfer photos to and from the hard drive to the iPad?
Willing to buy 2 of them if this works, or just a Lightning to USB adaptor.
- Asked by Heather C from Kamloops
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use two of these lightning to USB3 Adaptors to connect my Camera and an external hard drive. Working with RAW files requires a lot of space.)
The description for this says if you add USB power to this, you can connect the iPad Pro to USB hubs, ethernet, etc. Docs of what these can do, please
The description implies that this provides a way to use ethernet and USB hubs and devices with the iPad Pro.
Where can we see documentation of what functionality is available this way. For example, does it mean you could put a USB hub on it, and plug an external RAID drive for storage?
No answers yet
Will this work to stream video from an external USB 3 HD camera?
I have an app in the app store that I would like users to be able to use with external HD cameras. On desktop systems, a lot of my users use HDMI to USB3.0 Capture devices to connect their cameras to their Mac. These devices are generally plug-and-play with AVFoundation. In theory, would this adapter make the same thing possible on an iPad Pro?
- Asked by Rory K from Burbank
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work to stream video from an external USB 3 HD camera?)
Can this be used with iPhone6? What USB device powers it?
1. Will this work with iPhone 6 (not listed under compatibility)?
2. Hard to understand exactly what powers this. Is it a power supply? A powered hub? the USB3 connector used for the Mac?
- Asked by Scott M from Stoneham
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used with iPhone6? What USB device powers it?)