Questions & Answers for Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
175 Questions from the Community
Will adapter work with a Alcatel a564c android phone
- Asked by Rodney B from Elkton
- Flag as inappropriate (Will adapter work with a Alcatel a564c android phone)
can i use a usb headset to listen to music
so im thinking about buying this and i would want to know if there is support for audio playback for a usb headset specifically the Razer Kraken Pro 7.1
- Asked by Hakop M from Glendale
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use a usb headset to listen to music)
Is the USB Port on this camera adapter USB 3.0 or USB 2.0?
- Asked by Darien S from Renton
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the USB Port on this camera adapter USB 3.0 or USB 2.0?)
How do I download photos from my Blackberry Classic onto the iPad Pro?
- Asked by Anna B from Livermore
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I download photos from my Blackberry Classic onto the iPad Pro?)
You can use USB drives to import photos as long as the folder and the files are named similar to the camera (DCIM and IMG0001.JPG)
- Answered by Sathees Kumar B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can lightning to usb3 camera adapter be use to transfer pictures from another portable storage or only camera)
Yes it does. I use it with my iPhone and USB DAC. It powers the DAC and charges the phone.
- Answered by Sathees Kumar B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Just wondering if the adaptor powers peripherals on USB and also charges the iOS device at the same time ????)
Is it compatible with iPhone6 and 6s?
- Asked by Jahangir H from Katy
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it compatible with iPhone6 and 6s?)
It is. I would recommend getting an iPad power adapter so that you can charge your phone and power USB devices when using this adapter (you can charge your phone with the regular iPhone charger with this adapter, but if you have something plugged into the USB port that uses a lot of power, it will stop charging your phone or complain that the connected USB device uses too much power).
- Answered by Dillon A from Cumberland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is it compatible with iPhone6 and 6s?)
Will this work in the same way with the iPhones SE, and 5 and 6?
- Asked by Philip S from Surrey
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work in the same way with the iPhones SE, and 5 and 6?)
Can I connect an external DVD player and external hard drive (with USB) to an iPad through this?
I have a ton of DVD's (old tech, I know). It would cost a lot to replace my collection and I don't have time to convert them to digital. I do have an external DVD player that connects to my Macbook via USB. I would love to have a DVD player that connects via Bluetooth but that doesn't exist (to my knowledge).
I also have an external hard drive that I use frequently.
I would like the iPad Pro to be my next computer. But for that to happen, I need to be able to use my gadgets with it. I've been waiting to buy an iPad and this is really the one hang up that is keeping me from doing it.
Is now the time?
- Asked by Ls B from Berrien Springs
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect an external DVD player and external hard drive (with USB) to an iPad through this?)
What happens if you plug a USB Mouse receiver into this adapter? Will it recognize and will it work? I know IOS is a touch, but want to use w/ Office.
We really need an option for ipad pro.
Will connecting a lightning charger to this adapter also charge the iPad?
Many musicians use the USB camera adapter to connect USB MIDI keyboards and professional grade audio interfaces to the iPad, but are wary about going into a performance environment while relying on the device's battery. 30 pin connections allowed you to power the iPad while also connecting to the USB host but Lightning requires bulky and expensive items such as the Focusrite dock to do the same. If this device will allow performers to charge or keep the iPad powered while using USB to connect to a controller or audio interface then it will solve a lot of problems for using iOS in a professional environment.
- Asked by Christina S
- Flag as inappropriate (Will connecting a lightning charger to this adapter also charge the iPad?)