Questions & Answers for Power Adapter Extension Cable
87 Questions from the Community
How long is the extension cable?
- Asked by Teresa T
- Flag as inappropriate (How long is the extension cable?)
Which countries is this for?
Can this be used in Australia? Can't really tell the exact plug from the image given. Thank you.
- Asked by Xiang Quan C
- Flag as inappropriate (Which countries is this for?)
I have an 85W MagSafe Power Adapter. Will this extension cable work with it? If not, what do I need?
I lost the small piece that plugs my power adapter into the wall outlet while we were on vacation. I do not know where my extension cable is that goes to it. My MacBook Pro has died now and I have no way to charge it. I was wondering if this extension cable would work with it.
- Asked by Martha S from Dothan
- Flag as inappropriate (I have an 85W MagSafe Power Adapter. Will this extension cable work with it? If not, what do I need?)
Just to be safe.. Will this work with my Macbook Pro? I technically just need the adapter to plug to the wall but its more expensive for the kit.
All I need to know is if this will fit my Macbook Pro and not kill it. My current extension cord is starting to show wires up by the power pack. I lost the little adapter and would rather just buy that because the extension cord is a pain in the tail but I cant find it separate. Just in the world travel kit. So I wanted to just buy another extension cord. But until I know if this will work with my macbook I really dont want to risk harming my computer. Please let me know asap because I have no idea how long it will last, or how safe it is to tape up the wires.
how do you attach it to the power cord/plug?
- Asked by Kathleen D from Naples
- Flag as inappropriate (how do you attach it to the power cord/plug?)
I'm looking for an additional power cord for my 27" iMac 2012. Is this that?
- Asked by Eric R S from Pine Hill
- Flag as inappropriate (I'm looking for an additional power cord for my 27" iMac 2012. Is this that?)
I'm using my old extension cable from my 2010 MacBook Air and it fits fine, and for the first 2 days at least, seems to be charging fine.
My question is if there's any potential for damage to the battery or computer though, using a cord that's rated for lower wattage. Hopefully it's just slower, since without the extension cable, it's really hard to sit that close to an outlet!
- Answered by Lucia M from Makawao
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will the power adapter extension cable fit the usb-c power adapter for the new macbook.)