Questions & Answers for Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter
122 Questions from the Community
Does this adapter connect to a zPhlash?
- Asked by Regina B from Edison
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter connect to a zPhlash?)
Does this item have an internal dac?
- Asked by Matt N from Waunakee
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this item have an internal dac?)
I would think it does because Lightning does not include analog audio - and this is compatible with previous generations of lightning devices. So I think when it ships we will see tear downs and in it will be a tiny DAC.
- Answered by David R from Walnut Creek
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this item have an internal dac?)
Does it work with the microphone built in to my Bose headset?
- Asked by Herbert B from Montvale
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with the microphone built in to my Bose headset?)
How can I use this in a car making phone calls while also charging the iPhone? After a few hours of GPS and earbud use my phone battery will run out.
No answers yet
how to use iphone7 plus earbuds
- Asked by Michael C from Minnetonka
- Flag as inappropriate (how to use iphone7 plus earbuds)
Does the adapter support Toslink?
Does this adapter support Toslink connection like the headphone output on a MacBook Pro? If so, with or without a mini Toslink adapter?
Also, as many have asked: Can you please specify the specific DAC chip used? The resulting audio quality varies depending on the chip manufacturer/algorithm applied to convert the signals from digital to analog. AKA: The chip is everything
- Asked by Jason S from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the adapter support Toslink?)
Yes, TRRS, and it works with microphone/volume-control/etc. earbuds
- Answered by John K from Arlington
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is this a TRRS adapter? i.e. will it work with existing earbud + microphone sets?)
Sort of from my testing. It seems to work when it is first plugged in but then stops working after a while. I can't pinpoint why the stop working and my headphones are Bose so they aren't cheap rubbish.
- Answered by Chris S from Evanston Park
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the in-line remote work correctly with this dongle? i.e. Volume up/down, mute/pause, etc.)
how are you supposed to use this and charge your phone at the same time if you're going on a long drive and want to listen to music through an aux?
Will this work with the anker tangle free aux cable?
I have the anker tangle free nylon aux cable and want to know if this adapter will work with it. Thanks.
- Asked by James D from Colora
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the anker tangle free aux cable?)
Does this work with the IPhone 6s?
I use 2 phones and would hate to have to carry 2 ear buds. So disappointed with Apple that I even have to ask this question. Really should give us back our 3.5mm jack.
- Asked by Mark L from Warrenton
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with the IPhone 6s?)
Will the adapter improve audio fidelity? Is it capable of delivering full digital audio?
I am currently using the ligtining connector for my car stereo and the music sounds far better than with the 3.5 mm jack connected to aux. My question is ,if I use this adapter on my iPhone 6 plus, will it show improvement over a connection through the 3.5mm jack?
- Asked by Ajit K from Mumbai
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the adapter improve audio fidelity? Is it capable of delivering full digital audio?)
My iPhone 5S's headphone hack isn't working because it got wet from the rain. Will this adapter allow me to listen to audios through my headphones aga
- Asked by Fernando O from Irapuato
- Flag as inappropriate (My iPhone 5S's headphone hack isn't working because it got wet from the rain. Will this adapter allow me to listen to audios through my headphones aga)
Will this adapter work with my iPhone 6 inside its Apple smart battery case?
- Asked by Amit B from San Antonio
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work with my iPhone 6 inside its Apple smart battery case?)
Yes as long as you are running iOS 10. I specifically bought it for this purpose. I bought the adapter specifically to connect my Bose QuietComfort® 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones for Apple® devices to my iPhone 6s through the 6s Smart Battery Case lightning port (because the Bose have a L-shaped connector that won't insert through the straight opening of the battery case).
The 3.5 mm to Lightning adapter allows full pass through of in-line mic and controls. On initial plug in to the Smart Battery case Lightning Port of the 3.5mm to Lightning adapter with the Bose, the controls did not work. However, unplugging and replugging the adapter with the Bose Headphones attached allowed the controls and mic to work.
As long as your headphones are designed to work with iPhones, then they should work with the 3.5 mm to Lightning adapter, at least on a 6s using a Smart Battery case. As I don't have my iPhone 7 yet, I can't speak specifically for the iPhone 7, but it works fine even through the Lightning port on the Smart Battery case with the 6s and the headphones I have tried. Again, sometimes you may need to unplug and replug into the Lightning port.
- Answered by George M from Dacula
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this adapter work with my iPhone 6 inside its Apple smart battery case?)