iHome | control iSP6 SmartPlug
iHome's iPS6 SmartPlug lets you control any connected device from home or remotely from any location using the app on your iPhone or iPad. Turn on a light or turn off small appliances with a touch of your fingertip. You can even use Siri voice commands. Integral Apple HomeKit technology provides easy, consistent control of any compliant devices connected to iHome SmartPlugs.
WiFi-enabled wall plug lets you control lights and small appliances using 1800 watts or less, including window air conditioners, fans, portable heaters and more
Control your SmartPlug and connected devices from anywhere with the iHome Control app
Use Siri on your iPhone or iPad to control the SmartPlug with just your voice
Works with Apple HomeKit to control lighting and appliances (requires iOS 9.0 or later)
Compatible with a variety of home automation systems
SmartPlug requires Wi-Fi connection with Internet access
What’s in the Box
control iSP6 SmartPlug
Quick start guide
Other Features: HomeKit Compatible, Wireless
Internet Access: Internet Access Required
Height: 3.68 cm/1.45 in.
Length: 9.6 cm/3.78 in.
Width: 5.71 cm/2.25 in.
Weight: 95.25 g
Mfr. Part Number: iPS6W
UPC or EAN No.: 047532907827
Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple’s Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
Warranty: One-year limited
- iPad Air (3rd Generation)
- iPad mini (5th Generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd Generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad (6th Generation)
- iPad (5th Generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd Generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st Generation)
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad mini 4
- iPad mini 3
- iPad mini 2
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air (1st Generation)
- iPod touch (7th generation)
- iPod touch (6th Generation)
Answers from the community
- Asked by Ryan M from Tyler
- on Mar. 6, 2017
Unfortunately this device will only work indoors. You can try it outside, but you will be liable for Unfortunately this device will only work indoors. You can try it outside, but you will be liable for any damages.
- Answered by Cody D from Madison
- on Mar. 10, 2017
When you say scene control. Can you set the amount of power like a dimmer switch to get a lower lighting effect
- Asked by Jack V from Mississaugs
- on Jun. 25, 2017
to use remotely, do I have to have apple TV?
- Asked by Joseph T from Des Moines
- on Jul. 28, 2017
Yes you will need either AppleTV (4th gen) or an iPad that stays at your house can serve as a bridge Yes you will need either AppleTV (4th gen) or an iPad that stays at your house can serve as a bridge.
- Answered by Sidney T from Southaven
- on Aug. 27, 2017
Is this compatible with 5.0 ghz networks? In fact, are any HomeKit devices 5.0 compatible?
- Asked by Alejandro C from Folsom
- on Mar. 4, 2017
Does it have a physical switch on the outlet to turn it on and off, or are you completely dependent on using the app?
- Asked by Kurt H from Chandler
- on Mar. 2, 2017
Yes, there is a button on the side of the device, where you can control whether the electricity flow Yes, there is a button on the side of the device, where you can control whether the electricity flows or not.
- Answered by Michael D from Vineland
- on Apr. 17, 2017
Does the AppleTV (4) need to be ON for siri control?
- Asked by Robert P from FORT COLLINS
- on Mar. 2, 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
***iHome Control now supports the 5 in 1 SmartMonitor. The SmartMonitor senses Temperature, Humidity Motion, Light and Sound. Receive real-time notifications about your home environment and set convenient automations with other HomeKit-compatible accessories.***
The iHome Control app is the perfect tool to control your iHome SmartPlugs and monitor your home with the iHome SmartMonitor fro m virtually anywhere in the world.*
Use the iHome Control SmartPlugs and app to control lamps, fans and more with your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. The app can also be used to setup notifications whenever the iHome SmartMonitor detects changes in motion, temperature, humidity, light or sound.
Designed to support iHome’s line of HomeKit-enabled SmartPlugs, the iHome Control app can:
• Easily add and configure iHome SmartPlugs and SmartMonitors on your network
• Create Home Automation rules to trigger iHome SmartPlugs based on specific triggers detected by the iHome SmartMonitor.
• Setup and Receive custom push notifications alerting you to environmental changes detected by the iHome SmartMonitor
• Control SmartPlugs on and off even when away from home
• Create Schedule-based rules to turn iHome SmartPlugs on or off automatically
• Group SmartPlugs into Rooms and Zones to control multiple plugs with a single command
• Control your HomeKit-enabled accessories with your voice using Siri directly from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. (e.g. simply tell Siri to “Turn my Kitchen Off” to turn off your Kitchen’s iHome SmartPlugs)**
iHome Control SmartPlug now works with Amazon Echo and Dot (Alexa), SmartThings, Wink and Nest Thermostats. For more information, please see "Third-Party Integrations" in the Settings section of the app.
* Requires internet access or cellular signal
** Controlling HomeKit-enabled accessories with Siri away from home requires an Apple TV (3rd generation or later) with Apple TV software 7.0 or later …