Apple USB Ethernet Adapter
Easily connect your Mac computer to an Ethernet network with the Apple USB Ethernet Adapter. Small and light, it connects to the USB 2.0 port of your Mac and provides an RJ-45 connector that supports 10/100BASE-T performance.
What’s in the Box
Apple USB Ethernet Adapter with built-in 4.6-inch USB cable
10/100 Base-T Ethernet
Mac OS X v.10.4.8 or later
Mac computer with available USB 2.0 port
- MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015–2017)
- MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012–2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2012–2015)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014–2015)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013)
- Mac mini (Late 2014)
Answers from the community
Will this connect my Humax PVR which has Ethernet capability to my internet-ready TV when my wireless router is on a different floor in my house?
- Asked by GILLIAN S from LONDON
- on Aug. 11, 2011
It will with the Humax PVR. I've just connected mine, and it's works just fine. Not sure about the It will with the Humax PVR. I've just connected mine, and it's works just fine. Not sure about the TV though - I guess if it's wireless, then you would already have it connected. If it's wired, then the AP only has one Ethernet port, so you would need another AP?
1 Answer(Will this connect my Humax PVR which has Ethernet capability to my internet-ready TV when my wireless router is on a different floor in my house?)
- Answered by Phil S from Henley On Thames
- on Dec. 19, 2011
Does this USB Ethernet Adapter also work in a MacBook Pro
- Asked by Bernie D from CROYDON
- on Oct. 20, 2010
2nd Ethernet Port for MacMini Server
- Asked by Max M from London
- on Aug. 15, 2011
Yes, Mac OS even on a non-laptop will recognise this as an Ethernet device.
- Answered by James G from London
- on Jan. 9, 2013
Does this adapter support VLAN tagging on the ethernet interface?
- Asked by Soo C from VOLOS
- on Aug. 29, 2011
It depends: It will do if you are using VMWare which allows this. I haven't seen any options to VL It depends: It will do if you are using VMWare which allows this. I haven't seen any options to VLAN tag the native OS interface.
- Answered by Paul B from Coventry
- on Oct. 29, 2012
So this will connect to a modem/router and give me wifi?
- Asked by Mitchell H from Sydney
- on Nov. 3, 2015
A MacBook Air has a built-in Wifi, you do not require an Ethernet Adapter if you have a Wifi Network A MacBook Air has a built-in Wifi, you do not require an Ethernet Adapter if you have a Wifi Network in your home/office... etc. However, if you would like to have a wired connection using an ethernet cable, then you need an ethernet adapter to allow this.
- Answered by Sammy H from Ashford
- on Dec. 5, 2015
Does the Apple USB Ethernet Adapter work on Windows8 64bit ?
- Asked by mamunur rashid R from sharjah
- on Sep. 8, 2013