AppleCare+ for iPod touch
Service and Support
Every iPod comes with a one-year limited warranty and 90 days of complimentary telephone technical support. AppleCare+ for iPod touch extends your coverage to two years from your AppleCare+ purchase date and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage protection every 12 months, each subject to a $29 service fee plus applicable tax.(1) In addition, you’ll get 24/7 priority access to Apple experts via chat or phone.
How to get AppleCare+
Add it to your shopping bag during the checkout process when you purchase your new iPod.
Or buy it within 60 days of your iPod purchase:
- On your device (go to Settings > General > About and choose AppleCare+ Coverage Available)
- Online (requires you to verify your serial number and run a remote diagnostic)
- At an Apple Store (if AppleCare+ is purchased separately from iPod, inspection of iPod and proof of purchase are required.)
- By calling 1-800-263-3394 (requires you to run a remote diagnostic and provide proof of purchase).
One stop for technical support
Because Apple designs iPod and iOS, you get a truly integrated system. And only AppleCare+ provides one-stop service and support from Apple experts, so most issues can be resolved in a single call.(2)
- 24/7 priority access to Apple experts via chat or phone
- Global repair coverage (3)
- Postal repair: send in your iPod using a pre-paid shipping box
- Carry-in repair: take your iPod to an Apple Retail Store
Apple Hardware Coverage
AppleCare+ provides global repair or replacement coverage, both parts and labour, from Apple-authorised technicians around the world. Service coverage includes the following:
- Your iPod
- Included earphones and USB cable
- Up to two incidents of accidental damage protection of your iPod every 12 months, each subject to a $29 service fee plus applicable tax(1)
Software support included
Whether you’re sitting in the comfort of your home or office or on the go, you can get direct access to Apple experts for questions on a wide range of topics, including:
- Using iOS and iCloud for iPod touch
- Connecting iPod touch to Wi-Fi networks
- Apple-branded iPod touch apps
See AppleCare+ Terms and Conditions for complete product details.
UPC or EAN No.: 888462814287
(1) Service coverage is available only for iPod and its original included accessories for protection against (i) defects in materials or workmanship, (ii) batteries that retain less than 80 percent of their original capacity, and (iii) up to two incidents of accidental damage from handling of your iPod every 12 months, each incident being subject to a $29 service fee plus applicable tax. Any unused accidental damage incidents will expire and you will get two more accidental damage incidents to use within the next 12 months of continued coverage. Replacement equipment that Apple provides as part of the repair or replacement service may be new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability. See terms for full details.
(2) Local telephone fees may apply. Telephone numbers and hours of operation may vary and are subject to change.
(3) Availability of each option depends on country in which service is requested and location of Apple Authorised Service Provider. Service coverage may be subject to certain restrictions.
AppleCare+ benefits are in addition to any legal rights provided by consumer protection laws in your jurisdiction. Purchase of the plan is not required to purchase iPod. For complete details, see terms.