How can I use a new iPad Mini in both the US and the Philippines on the cellular networks? A solution would motivate me to get the new one.
I use AT&T in the US. The two services in the Philippines are:
I would like to know how to swap services between countries. AT&T is pricy for international services.
As an aside, internet services in the Philippine vary widlely.
2 Answers from the Community
Yes you can do this on the iPad Mini 5.
The iPad Mini 5 wifi + cellular has an embedded eSIM which in the US can use AT&T, Sprint, or T-mobile. It also has a nano SIM slot for use with another carrier (ie any other carrier CDMA or GSM). The iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, iPad Air 3, iPad Pro 9.7, 10.5, 11, & 12.9 2nd & 3rd gen also have this capability because they also have an embedded eSIM and a nano SIM slot (on the XS, XS Max, & XR you can have two different phone numbers this way)..
So you can use AT&T on the eSIM.and get a nano SIM from a carrier in the Philippines to use while you are there.
- Answered by Andy R from Lake Wylie
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Purchase a SIM card in the Philippines and load it as needed... it’s a lot cheaper
- Answered by Dorothy L from Columbus
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I'm going to buy a dvd player to use with my new iMac. Can I use it with my iPad mini too?
- Asked by Paula R from London
- Feb. 17, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (I'm going to buy a dvd player to use with my new iMac. Can I use it with my iPad mini too?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
iPads with "WiFi + Cellular" have built-in GPS. Can that GPS be used for nautical navigation apps if the cellular service is not activated?
- Asked by Emery B from Dauphin Island
- Feb. 4, 2020
- Flag as inappropriate (iPads with "WiFi + Cellular" have built-in GPS. Can that GPS be used for nautical navigation apps if the cellular service is not activated?)