How does the size of the iPad 9.7 inch compare to the iPad Air and iPad Pro 9.7 inch?
I am looking at getting the new iPad 9.7 inch display but if I'm making that investment I want the protection of a Lifeproof case. Lifeproof has cases listed for the iPad Air as well as the iPad Pro 9.7 inch. Will either of these work for the regular iPad 9.7 inch?
- Asked by Sabryna R from Glen Rock
- Flag as inappropriate (How does the size of the iPad 9.7 inch compare to the iPad Air and iPad Pro 9.7 inch?)
2 Answers from the Community
The new ipad 9.7 2017, is thicker than the ipad pro and the ipad air. apple advises to look for ipad 9.7 2017. the year denotes the 329 ipad. The apple website gives more differences, but I don't remember off hand what they are. I bought the "apple ipad 2017" & have to return a case that I purchased separately 'cause the ipad pro case doesn't fit. I just found out that you should look for a "ipad 2017" cover/case if you got the $329 model.
- Answered by Carol Ann W from York
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The size of the new 2017 iPad 9.7 is exactly the same as the original iPad Air - the iPad Pro 9.7 (which I purchased and returned in favour of the iPad 2017).........the cases on the other hand - are different as there are more speakers on the 'pro' hence being covered by the 'amazing' original Smart Cover by Apple for the iPad Air. Bottom line the iPad Air and iPad 2017 are same - case fits exactly the same - to my great surprise as I have purchased 2 others that not only do not fit well - are very flimsy.
- Answered by Elaine S from Markham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
How much does the Smart Keyboard for the 9.7 inch iPad Pro weight?
- Asked by Joe Dell B from Buford
- Flag as inappropriate (How much does the Smart Keyboard for the 9.7 inch iPad Pro weight?)
- Asked about: Smart Keyboard for 9.7‑inch iPad Pr…
How long does it take to import 200 36 megapixel images on USB 2 as compared to USB 3
- Asked by Jesse W from Palm Desert
- Flag as inappropriate (How long does it take to import 200 36 megapixel images on USB 2 as compared to USB 3)
- Asked about: Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader