The iPhone 7 only claims to be water resistant but is classed as IP67 rated which should be water proof up to a metre, please explain?
1 Answer from the Community
The iPhone 7 does work at the IP67 rating but it is recommended after the phone is submerged for that time period not the charge the phone for 5 hours. The primary idea behind it is to protect against drops in the toilet, tub, sink, rain, snow, some pools, etc. The drops that on previous iPhones would render them unusable. Also keep in mind it has the IP67 but water damage is still not covered by the iPhone warranty. So the idea was daily use protection more so than underwater photography or videography.
- Answered by Dylan R from Monmouth
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does the case match the same water resistant level as the phone?
- Asked by Ryan I from Panama City Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the case match the same water resistant level as the phone?)
- Asked about: iPhone 7 Smart Battery Case - (PROD…
Are AirPods water resistant/ water proof?
- Asked by Omar J from El Monte
- Flag as inappropriate (Are AirPods water resistant/ water proof?)
- Asked about: AirPods
No answers yet