Does the LG Ultrafine 4k Display work with a Mac Mini?
I just bought the LG Ultrafine 4k Display... And a brand new Mac Mini. I can't get them to work. Is it me? Or do they not work together?
- Asked by Jeanmarie B from Mill Valley
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the LG Ultrafine 4k Display work with a Mac Mini?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 4K Display
3 Answers from the Community
I was just in the Apple Store and they now use the LG displays with the Mini and MacPro. I didnt check the adapter and port used.
- Answered by James V from Pikesville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Sorry to say, it doesn't
I will list the reason why it doesn't (also you can redirect to the Apple Product Specs page to see for yourself)
Mac Mini supports video output up to:
- two displays at 2560 by 1600 pixels, both at millions of colors
- Thunderbolt digital video output
- Native Mini DisplayPort output:
-- DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
-- VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
-- Dual-link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter
-HDMI video output:
-- Support for 1080p resolution at up to 60Hz
-- Support for 3840-by-2160 resolution at 30Hz
-- Support for 4096-by-2160 resolution at 24Hz
And the LG 4K display runs at: Resolution: 4096-by-2304 with support for millions of colors
and it can only be running on an USB-C output enabled Mac.
- Answered by Yulin L
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No, the LG Ultrafine 4K displays are not compatible with the Mac Minis.
System requirements and compatible Mac models
The LG UltraFine 4K Display requires a Mac with one or more USB-C ports, running macOS Sierra 10.12.1 or later. (macOS Sierra 10.12.2 or later is recommended.)
You can use the LG UltraFine 4K Display with these Mac models:
4096 x 2304 @ 60Hz
MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2016)
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
4096 x 2304 @ 48Hz
MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015)
A Mac with built-in USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports is required; the display isn't compatible with Mac models that use Thunderbolt 2.
- Answered by Yanni C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Does this wall mount work with the LG UltraFine 4K Display
- Asked by Fletcher E D from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this wall mount work with the LG UltraFine 4K Display)
- Asked about: Bretford MobilePro Wall Mount
Can this connect through the LG UltraFine 4k Display to provide ethernet to the MacBook Pro with Touchbar?
- Asked by Matthew G from Denver
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this connect through the LG UltraFine 4k Display to provide ethernet to the MacBook Pro with Touchbar?)
- Asked about: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Ad…