Is it possible to upgrade 2009 iMac?
Hi all, I have an iMac (27" late 2009 2.8GHz Intel Core i7 8Gb). I use it mostly for music composition running Logic Pro X and EastWest virtual instruments (Via PLAY instrument player). My faithful old Mac is not coping with these demands as well as I need, but I can't afford to make the jump to Mac Pro yet. The two areas of concern are 1. the time it takes to load instruments in Logic (mostly EastWest libraries) and 2. system performance when multiple high end instruments (again looking at EastWest here) are in use. With these points in mind, is there any official Apple way of upgrading my revered iMac to the standard required? Perhaps additional RAM or faster internal hard drive? If there is, what costs are associated? Thank you. Paul Morgan, Odiham.
- Asked by Paul M
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to upgrade 2009 iMac?)
No Answers have been submitted
Be the first to answer this question. Answer now
i would like to replace my 1GB sticks with 4GB sticks on my iMac 20-inch, early 2009. I believe I need two DDR3 4GB sticks. Is this it?
- Asked by Brian V from Rocky River
- Flag as inappropriate (i would like to replace my 1GB sticks with 4GB sticks on my iMac 20-inch, early 2009. I believe I need two DDR3 4GB sticks. Is this it?)
- Asked about: Apple Memory Module 4GB 1866MHz DDR…
Does this product work with a 2009 iMac ? Thanks
- Asked by Kerrie-george H
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this product work with a 2009 iMac ? Thanks)
- Asked about: Moshi Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adap…