Will this cable adapter allow me to connect my late 2008 Macbook Pro, 15inch, to an Asus PB278Q 27inch monitor? Flawlessly?
I am trying to upgrade my monitor, coming from an ages old 21inch Acer.
- Asked by Andrej V from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this cable adapter allow me to connect my late 2008 Macbook Pro, 15inch, to an Asus PB278Q 27inch monitor? Flawlessly?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
1 Answer from the Community
I am pretty sure it will but it is a very expensive way of doing it. I recently purchased a Philips 27" 2560 x 1440 screen and was on the point of buying one of these connectors to get the 2560 x 1440 resolution working from my mid-2009 15" MacBook Pro. In the end I realised that if I connected the 3.5 mm sound jack connector and the USB connector from the MacBook to the screen (both of which came with the screen) all I would need in addition was a Mini-Display Port to Display Port connector to complete the connection. In the UK, I managed to buy a StarTech MDP to DP connector for £8 which is a lot less than the £85 Apple charges for the MDP to Dual-Link DVI adapter.
The key point to check is that the third party screen has a Display Port input. It looks as if the Asus PB278Q does.
- Answered by Robert W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Compatibility with MacBook Pro Late 2016
- Asked by Mike M from Carmel
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatibility with MacBook Pro Late 2016)
- Asked about: LaCie 3TB D2 Desktop Hard Drive - T…