does this work well with an acoustic guitar ?
i noticed in the specs that it said designed for electric guitar and i wanted to make sure before i bought that it actually works well with an acoustic.
- Asked by Nick S from Lillian
- Flag as inappropriate (does this work well with an acoustic guitar ?)
5 Answers from the Community
This does work well with my Gibson acoustic/electric. As far as a plain acoustic I'm sure you could get a mic cable with a 1/4 inch end and use it to record the acoustic. However a previous response said that this was not meant for mic's and/or vocals. But in my opinion I don't see why this wouldn't work.
- Answered by Christopher W from Studio City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If you have a Mac and you want to record on Garageband, etc., getting something a couple bucks more, such as the Apogee One USB Interface, which has an XLR Mic input and a 1/4 input. I believe that this product is $199.99. Apogee also has more expensive Mac recording products. :)
- Answered by Adam D from Tucson
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Nope, I have a Taylor acoustic/electric and idk why it doesnt work on my iphone with amplitube... It does work on the ipad with garageband though, weird...
- Answered by Felipe S from Bethlehem
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
it works flawlessly with my yamaha acoustic guitar, btw i am not using the built in Yamaha active pickups instead i used a passive pickup. hesitant at first, but it works like a charm as there is a gain adjustments on the jam
- Answered by Gerald O
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
don't see any reason why it would not work with an acoustic. As far as I can make out it just requires a pick up on a guitar or bass.
- Answered by Jeremy S from Thousand Oaks
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
This should work with the iPad as well?
- Asked by John H from Massapequa
- Flag as inappropriate (This should work with the iPad as well?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - White
No answers yet
Will this work with a Griffin Guitar Connect Pro to an iPad Air?
- Asked by Darren S
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with a Griffin Guitar Connect Pro to an iPad Air?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter