i have an jack adapter couldn't i just use that in the headphone socket, what the difference between them?
1 Answer from the Community
The headphone jack would be used for input AND output. Since both signals would be traveling over the same wire, you would get a lot of annoying "cross talk" which is a fancy term for that type of feedback. It is not realistic feedback like you may hear on a guitar amp, either. To solve this, you simply use the dock connector for input and headphone jack for output. This eliminates crosstalk for a very real sound.
- Answered by Matthew S from Church Hill
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is the headphone jack adapter waterproof?
- Asked by Joshua P from San Diego
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the headphone jack adapter waterproof?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack A…
No answers yet
Does the ipad still have a headphone jack?
- Asked by Phillip C from East Greenwich
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the ipad still have a headphone jack?)
- Asked about: iPad