What style of music is best to record with the Apogee MiC?
- Asked by Lamar L from Woodlynne
- Flag as inappropriate (What style of music is best to record with the Apogee MiC?)
2 Answers from the Community
You can record any style of music with the MiC. Any sound source will work just fine. Might be a little better suited towards vocals and acoustic instruments, but I've recorded electric guitars and drumkits with it.
- Answered by Thomas G from Escondido
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
In my option, best use is acoustical;
including acoustic guitar, voice, piano, flute, exc...
It will handle louder sources from a distance with great clarity. Keep it away from 'harsh' pressure sources such as, close to a drum, example, don't put this mic 'in' a horn.
MiC works a few feet back from a loud source,
MiC is a sensitive condenser microphone.
If one gets it too close to a high pressure source this type of microphone might 'break'. It will generically recored sound sources with high clarity.
For example, I recored a live guitar amp, from 'feet' back, on clean lower / medium volume. Via GarageBand.
Experimentation is key to finding tone. .. this mic is sensitive.
Acoustically recording, this mic sounds clean. Keep in mind it is a condenser microphone and is generally really really sensitive. It can overload easily. It has an adjustment knob that works well, be realistic.
This type of mic, in my option, is best for delicate sound sources.
- Answered by Benjamin B from Arlington
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Help? I need a sound card and a mic to record audio interview on my Mac book Pro. Should i buy an Apogee one or Apogee mic digital microphone?
- Asked by Louise D from Waverton
- Flag as inappropriate (Help? I need a sound card and a mic to record audio interview on my Mac book Pro. Should i buy an Apogee one or Apogee mic digital microphone?)
- Asked about: Apogee ONE USB Microphone and Audio…
do you need a modem? and if so which will work best?
- Asked by Paul B
- Flag as inappropriate (do you need a modem? and if so which will work best?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
Does this work with Apogee Jam and Apogee mic?
- Asked by Steve W from Sydney
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with Apogee Jam and Apogee mic?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2m)