Can the imac stand be removed and replaced with a vesa mount?
I have a late-2013 27" iMac but the new location for my computer doesn't have the necessary height for the stand.
Can the stand be removed and a VESA mount be retrofitted so I can wall-mount the iMac?
1 Answer from the Community
For older iMac's yes. For the latest iMac and the laterest Thunderbold display you cannot remove the stand. You have to buy a stand version or a VESA mount version and they cannot be changed after. This is not clear when you order the VESA kit. It will not work on the latest Thunderbolt displays as the stand cannot be removed.
- Answered by Garvan M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
What is the total weight of the iMac Pro without the stand, but with the VESA mount connected?
- Asked by Randall H from Hurricane
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the total weight of the iMac Pro without the stand, but with the VESA mount connected?)
- Asked about: VESA Mount Adapter Kit for iMac Pro…
does this support standard VESA mounts?
- Asked by David O from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate (does this support standard VESA mounts?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 4K Display
Is the display VESA mount capable?
- Asked by Erik C from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the display VESA mount capable?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display