Are the thunderbolt plugs and sockets interchangeable (1 and 2) like the USB 2 and 3?
1 Answer from the Community
backward compatible, but not interchangeable.
A USB 3 device will not exceed USB 2 speeds when attached to a USB 2 computer
- Answered by Thomas M from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will I get USB 3.1 speeds (10Gbps) if I'm using this in a Thunderbolt 2 port?
- Asked by Eric H from Randolph
- Flag as inappropriate (Will I get USB 3.1 speeds (10Gbps) if I'm using this in a Thunderbolt 2 port?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…