Can this be used with an older Macbook Pro early 2011) which only has USB 2.0 ports to begin with?
Have an early 2011 Macbook Pro, which came with Thunderbolt, Firewire 800 and USB 2.0 ports. I have a USB 3.0 external HDD, and would like to not lose the extra speed of the drive when using it with the laptop.
Since this comes with a USB 3.,0 port on the adapter, and it's connected to Thunderbolt, will I be able to enjoy the higher USB 3 speeds? (Yes, I realize I won't be able to use the Thunderbolt's uber high speed since the device wasn't made for that).
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, I was using it on the same machine. I was able to boot from the external drive as well.
- Answered by Ken C from Calgary
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this work with the thunderbolt port on my early 2011 macbook pro
- Asked by Michael W from Coppell
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the thunderbolt port on my early 2011 macbook pro)
- Asked about: Belkin 4K Mini DisplayPort to HDMI …
will this work on thunderbolt port on macbook pro early 2011
- Asked by Michael L from Cherry Hill
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work on thunderbolt port on macbook pro early 2011)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter