What happens to the drive functionality if/when the integral Thunderbolt Cable fails? Can it be user replaced?
1 Answer from the Community
The Thunderbolt cable is backed up with USB 3.0 connectivity, so in the event of a failure of the Thunderbolt cable outside of the 3-year warranty, you can still access the data at high transfer speeds with the detachable USB 3.0 cable, which is included.
- Answered by George T from Salt Lake City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How do I connect my new WD Thunderbolt Drive to my 2007 iMac?
- Asked by Stephen M
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I connect my new WD Thunderbolt Drive to my 2007 iMac?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…
Will the Magic Trackpad 2 work through the USB/Lightning cable without Bluetooth functionality.
- Asked by Michael A from Fair Oaks
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Magic Trackpad 2 work through the USB/Lightning cable without Bluetooth functionality.)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad 2 - Silver